    that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D version
    Nikkors?
    Please help!

    Ivek incKaid, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Ivek incKaid

    max Guest

    "Ivek incKaid" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:bo2q9k$du0$...
    > How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they say
    > that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D version
    > Nikkors?
    > Please help!

    It works but you loose the exposure meter.
    The lens can be upgraded with a chip I think
    Rorslet on the net talkes about that. ;o)-max-

    max, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Ivek incKaid

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Ivek incKaid wrote:

    > How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they
    > say that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D
    > version Nikkors?
    > Please help!

    AF lenses without a D chip will still work on the D100 and S2,
    but, of course, without the 3D metering.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Ivek incKaid

    JR Guest

    In article <TG7pb.23585$>,
    "max" <> wrote:

    > "Ivek incKaid" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they say
    > > that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D version
    > > Nikkors?
    > > Please help!

    > It works but you loose the exposure meter.
    > The lens can be upgraded with a chip I think
    > Rorslet on the net talkes about that. ;o)-max-

    No, you are thinking about the AI lenses....the AF lenses will work and
    meter just fine, just no 3d matrix flash metering.

    JR

    JR, Nov 2, 2003
  5. "JR" <> wrote in message
    > In article <TG7pb.23585$>,
    > "max" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Ivek incKaid" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > > How will work my 80-200/2.8 non D version on S2 pro. In DPreview they

    say
    > > > that S2pro works with AFD, G... but I dont know about older non D

    version
    > > > Nikkors?
    > > > Please help!

    I have a Sigma 600mm fixed f/8 mirror that is fully manual, i.e. no CPU, no
    D or G. All you do is put focus on manual, the S2 Pro on manuatl or
    aperature priority, guess at the shutter speed you're going to need, and
    backet a few test shots. Then when you review them, run a histogram on each
    one, and find a shutter speed that gives you the histogram you are working
    for. Set your shutter at that speed on manual, and just to be safe, bracket
    each shot. With a 512 MB card, you should be able to get everything you're
    looking for. This technique should work from most older Nikkor and F-mount
    lenses.

    Let me know how it works out.
    Brian Zinchuk
    brian.zinchuk@REMOVE THISsasktel.net