    action. That's OK, but only if AF mode is selected "continous". If you
    select single mode, then picture still freezes while focusing...
    Is this a bug or what?

    SleeperMan, Jul 29, 2004

  2. SleeperMan

    Sny Guest

    SleeperMan wrote:

    > Just one thing i noticed:
    > in this new firmware is picture showing (moving) while focusing is taking
    > action. That's OK, but only if AF mode is selected "continous". If you
    > select single mode, then picture still freezes while focusing...
    > Is this a bug or what?

    I think this is how it was supposed to work, that is why the firmware
    update was so soon after camera release.

    --

    QUIPd 1.02: (33 of 679)
    -> "Of all of our fossil fuel uses, automobile travel is the least

    My photo albums: http://www.pbase.com/sny

    Sny, Jul 29, 2004

  3. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Sny typed:

    > SleeperMan wrote:
    >
    >> Just one thing i noticed:
    >> in this new firmware is picture showing (moving) while focusing is
    >> taking action. That's OK, but only if AF mode is selected
    >> "continous". If you select single mode, then picture still freezes
    >> while focusing...
    >> Is this a bug or what?

    > I think this is how it was supposed to work, that is why the firmware
    > update was so soon after camera release.

    Maybe...however, this update was released mainly because of that freezing. I
    really don't know, why they could even let go a camera with such big
    mistake. But, if they claim they solved it, it would be nice if they'd solve
    100%, not just 50. In any case, it's good update---also focusing in low
    light is now much improved.

    SleeperMan, Jul 29, 2004