    Do I need another cable for sound too??

    cheers
    Bhoona
    Bhoona, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Bhoona

    Boomer Guest

    Bhoona wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the
    > TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am
    > getting is sound through the laptop :(
    >
    > Do I need another cable for sound too??
    >
    > cheers
    > Bhoona

    [snip the HTML crap]

    Please turn of the HTML and post in plain text. Thanks.

    Bhoona, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Bhoona

    Boomer Guest

    Bhoona wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the
    > TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am
    > getting is sound through the laptop :(
    >
    > Do I need another cable for sound too??
    >
    > cheers
    > Bhoona
    > "Bhoona" <> wrote in message
    > news:AyZdb.617$9.net... Hi,
    >
    > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to
    > the TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all
    > I am getting is sound through the laptop :(
    >
    > Do I need another cable for sound too??
    >
    > cheers
    > Bhoona

    [snip the HTML CRAP]

    Post in PLAIN text. Turn off the HTML...PLEASE.
    Boomer, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Bhoona

    Bhoona Guest

    I have turned off HTML!!!

    Bhoona, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Bhoona

    Sparky Guest

    The S-Video cable just carries video. Most laptops port out the sound
    through a headphone jack. You'll need a cable with a miniplug for the
    laptop on one side, and whichever kind of connectors you need for your TV on
    the other end. Usually 2 RCA plugs, one for left and one for right. Simple
    to pick up.

    Sparky, Sep 29, 2003

  7. > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the TV.
    > Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am getting is
    > sound through the laptop :(

    > Do I need another cable for sound too??

    S-Video only carries Video signal
    Yes you need a cable for sound. You could try using the the headphone
    jack as suggested buy someone else

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Sep 29, 2003
  8. Bhoona

    Chu-Chu Guest

    In article <HR_db.1737$>,
    "Sparky" <> wrote:

    > The S-Video cable just carries video. Most laptops port out the sound
    > through a headphone jack. You'll need a cable with a miniplug for the
    > laptop on one side, and whichever kind of connectors you need for your TV on
    > the other end. Usually 2 RCA plugs, one for left and one for right. Simple
    > to pick up.
    >
    > Bhoona wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the TV.
    > > Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am getting is
    > > sound through the laptop :(
    > >
    > > Do I need another cable for sound too??
    > >
    > > cheers
    > > Bhoona

    I do this with my laptop and hook it up to my surround receiver. I
    watched all of Buffy's final season in XVID with "6 channel stereo
    surround sound." It was sweet! :)
    Chu-Chu, Sep 30, 2003