    and I'll be getting my first HDTV tomorrow. Does S-video work with HDTV
    480p or should I be getting component video cables? Thanks.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Aphelion

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote in message
    news:ptO2d.74291$...
    >I have a progressive scan DVD player with component and S-video out
    >jacks, and I'll be getting my first HDTV tomorrow. Does S-video work
    >with HDTV 480p or should I be getting component video cables? Thanks.

    S-video will not transmit a progressive signal, just interlaced.

    You should be using component regardless.
    Joshua Zyber, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Aphelion

    Ollie T Guest

    You need to go with component cables to get 480p.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    Ollie T, Sep 18, 2004
  4. Aphelion

    Mark Jones Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote in message
    > I have a progressive scan DVD player with component and S-video out jacks,
    > and I'll be getting my first HDTV tomorrow. Does S-video work with HDTV
    > 480p or should I be getting component video cables? Thanks.

    Get a set of high quality component video cables. Why pay the
    money for a high quality DVD player and TV and then try to
    be cheap when you connect them together?
    Mark Jones, Sep 18, 2004