    re-list, still no action from the seller. so...

    Does anyone on this list have a spare cable they are wanting to sell

    Cheers

    asterix, Jul 3, 2005

  2. asterix

    Harry Guest

    asterix wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to find a cable to go from my video card to my TV - so its
    > need to be a s-video from the card to a RCA to the TV.
    > Dick Smith was sold out, and on Trademe, only one person was selling it -
    > only 5 meters long, would prefer a 10 meter. I wrote the seller a
    > question
    > and got no reply, The auction finished, and although I have requested a
    > re-list, still no action from the seller. so...
    >
    > Does anyone on this list have a spare cable they are wanting to sell

    You can buy a svideo/rca converted from dick smith. They have them
    available by mail order, and most shops stock them.
    And you can use a svideo-svideo and/or rca-rca extension cable.

    You have my permission to join two or three cables together.

    Harry, Jul 3, 2005

  3. asterix

    asterix Guest

    I went into the nearest dick smith store on Thursday, and they were out of
    stock of both the cable and the converter.
    Also I would prefer the cable - just easier I guess

    asterix, Jul 3, 2005
  4. asterix

    James West Guest

    just buy a 10M Svideo cable and be done with it

    you CAN NOT get a cable to convert Svideo to a single RCA
    composite signal

    James

    James West, Jul 3, 2005
  5. asterix

    asterix Guest

    This is what I am after
    As you can see it you can get the cable

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=29974853

    asterix, Jul 3, 2005
  6. asterix

    Richard Guest

    James West wrote:
    > just buy a 10M Svideo cable and be done with it
    >
    > you CAN NOT get a cable to convert Svideo to a single RCA
    > composite signal

    Yes you can, it just sums the 2 signals to the one plug. Not the best but it
    will do the job

    Richard, Jul 3, 2005
  7. asterix

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:32:43 +1200, "asterix" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am trying to find a cable to go from my video card to my TV - so its need
    >to be a s-video from the card to a RCA to the TV.
    >Dick Smith was sold out, and on Trademe, only one person was selling it -
    >only 5 meters long, would prefer a 10 meter. I wrote the seller a question
    >and got no reply, The auction finished, and although I have requested a
    >re-list, still no action from the seller. so...
    >
    >Does anyone on this list have a spare cable they are wanting to sell
    >
    >Cheers

    Most 3D cards come with a S-Video to RCA composite adapter, was yours left
    out of the box or the installer never gave it to you.

    All the cards I have ever bought have and that is a Few..

    They use one of the 2 Earth Pins in the S-Video connector for the Composite
    output.

    Tony, Jul 3, 2005
  8. asterix

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:12:56 +1200, "James West" <> wrote:

    >just buy a 10M Svideo cable and be done with it
    >
    >you CAN NOT get a cable to convert Svideo to a single RCA
    >composite signal
    >
    >James

    Well all of my cards come with them as its fed on the earth pin of the
    S-Video socket..

    Plus Long S-Video cables do not work to well, the Colour gets out of sync with
    the Luminance

    I have done some test with this..

    Tony, Jul 3, 2005
  9. asterix