    Any ideas?

    --
    PeteR

    PeteR, Aug 27, 2007

  2. PeteR

    DanR Guest

    "PeteR" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
    > facility.
    > I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
    > RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
    > from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
    > monitor.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > --
    > PeteR

    Maybe it's an "overlay" problem. Try this if you're using XP.
    Open WMP. Click "Tools / Options / Performance / Advanced.
    Uncheck "Use overlays".
    Overlays also keep one from doing frame grabs. When you copy to clipboard
    you end up with black square.
    I've seen this setting NOT STICK in WMP.
    And... I don't see this setting using WMP in Vista. Looks like my Vista
    WMP11 does not use overlays.
    (& no advanced menu button)

    DanR, Aug 28, 2007

  3. PeteR

    PeteR Guest

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:55:17 GMT, "DanR" <>
    wrote:

    >"PeteR" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
    >> facility.
    >> I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
    >> RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
    >> from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
    >> monitor.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> --
    >> PeteR
    >>

    >Maybe it's an "overlay" problem. Try this if you're using XP.
    >Open WMP. Click "Tools / Options / Performance / Advanced.
    >Uncheck "Use overlays".
    >Overlays also keep one from doing frame grabs. When you copy to clipboard
    >you end up with black square.
    >I've seen this setting NOT STICK in WMP.
    >And... I don't see this setting using WMP in Vista. Looks like my Vista
    >WMP11 does not use overlays.
    > (& no advanced menu button)

    Excellent many thanks - also to Deimos - seems to have solved (for now
    ;-)
    --
    PeteR

    PeteR, Aug 28, 2007