    Specifically, will it carry the TV broadcast signal as well as the audio/videos?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Apr 15, 2004

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    TCS Guest

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 01:20:24 GMT, (Pete Cresswell) <> wrote:
    >My TV has a receptacle.

    >The new VCR we bought has a receptacle.

    >Is this something where I can buy one cord to connect the two boxes and get rid
    >all the other connecting wires?

    >Specifically, will it carry the TV broadcast signal as well as the audio/videos?

    It won't carry broadcast signals and it won't carry audio.

    It only carries video (the picture).

    TCS, Apr 15, 2004

  3. (Pete Cresswell)

    Biz Guest

    IF you bought a SVHS VCR, it will have an s-video jack on it, But you will
    also need to connect a right and left audio cable up as well. Of course, if
    you want to record and have full standalone functionalty of your tv from
    your cable/satellite/antenna/whatever you use/etc... you most likely will
    need to go from the cable.sat/etc.., to the vcr, then on to the tv as well.
    So bare minimum you will need the coaxial cable connection from your
    provider, and the cables running to/from your vcr.

    Biz, Apr 15, 2004
  4. (Pete Cresswell)

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > My TV has a receptacle.
    >
    > The new VCR we bought has a receptacle.
    >
    > Is this something where I can buy one cord to connect the two boxes and get rid
    > all the other connecting wires?
    >
    > Specifically, will it carry the TV broadcast signal as well as the audio/videos?

    The S-Video cable is just that... video. You still need to connect the
    red and white audio cables.

    That being said, the picture on S-Video is much, much better. I'd say
    go for it!

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Apr 15, 2004