    Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have missed.
    Win xp
    Geforce 4

    JIMBO CHIVERS, Jul 1, 2003

  2. JIMBO CHIVERS

    Richard Guest

    "JIMBO CHIVERS" <> wrote in message
    news:bdsnhh$1eb$...
    > Hi ,
    > My mate's just brought an SVIDEO cable with the intention of watching

    video
    > clips by connecting hiss computer to his telly.
    > It plugs in at both ends but he cant get a picture.
    > Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have

    missed.
    > Win xp
    > Geforce 4

    But does it include tv out? Having the plug doesn't mean the card is
    capable.
    Try updating drivers too.

    Richard, Jul 1, 2003

  3. JIMBO CHIVERS

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Richard said:

    > "JIMBO CHIVERS" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi ,
    >> My mate's just brought an SVIDEO cable with the intention of watching video
    >> clips by connecting hiss computer to his telly.
    >> It plugs in at both ends but he cant get a picture.
    >> Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have missed.
    >> Win xp
    >> Geforce 4
    >>

    > But does it include tv out? Having the plug doesn't mean the card is
    > capable.

    Why would a card have a plug for a service it doesn't support?
    You dumb twat.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 1, 2003
  4. JIMBO CHIVERS

    Mitch Guest

    In article <bdsnhh$1eb$>, JIMBO CHIVERS
    <> wrote:

    > Hi ,
    > My mate's just brought an SVIDEO cable with the intention of watching video
    > clips by connecting hiss computer to his telly.
    > It plugs in at both ends but he cant get a picture.
    > Is there any setting in the display adaptor properties he could have missed.
    > Win xp
    > Geforce 4

    How could we know?
    You didn't describe any of the settings, or any of the hardware!

    He probably needs to set it up as a connected monitor, so that he can
    put what he wants on it.
    If that isn't the way the software will play it, he might need to set
    that as the monitor for the specific player.

    Mitch, Jul 1, 2003
  5. JIMBO CHIVERS

    Billh Guest

    Go in to the control panel and open Display properties. Look around in
    there for some setting to turn on your TV out. Be warned it might be an
    option to show on your TV or Monitor but not both at the same time.

    Billh, Jul 2, 2003