    G4 would automagically acknowledge the connection of a TV to the
    mini-DVI plug AND adjust screen resolution accordingly.. in most other
    respects that unit was utter garbage)

    Caulfield_man, Dec 17, 2008

    Rolf BillyBong, Dec 17, 2008

  3. Caulfield_man <> wrote in
    message news:4948b8e6$:

    Caulfield_man, Dec 17, 2008
  4. Caulfield_man

    Billh Guest

    Go to your display in the control panel some where in there you will need to
    enable multiple monitors and set it up as a clone.

    "Caulfield_man" <> wrote in
    message news:4948b8e6$...

    Billh, Dec 18, 2008
  5. Caulfield_man

    Guest

    Caulfield_man <> wrote:

    >Hi all those venturing in these parts
    >
    >I want to connect my TV to the S Video plug on my ASUS 512MB 8600GT
    >video card. Assuming I've connected the right 7 Pin plug to the correct
    >adaptor so that I have S-Video -> RCA > TV what magic do I need to
    >perform to get this XP SP3 box to talk to my Television?
    >
    >(It doesn't help to mention this but, infuriatingly, my junky old iMac
    >G4 would automagically acknowledge the connection of a TV to the
    >mini-DVI plug AND adjust screen resolution accordingly.. in most other
    >respects that unit was utter garbage)

    I have a EVGA 9800GT (Geforce, Nvidia)

    in the control panel you should find two programs
    Nvidia Control Panel, and Nvidia nView Desktop Manager
    Play with them.

    You might also be able to access those programs by right clicking on
    the desktop (context menu).
    --

    Angry monkeys turn on their cruel trainer and beat him senseless
    http://tinyurl.com/5529oz

    , Dec 18, 2008