    the latest image on Cisco. what i found was different images like
    cat4000-k8.7-5-1.bin (is this catOS image?)

    Thank you very much guys, i really appreciate your help.

    Andy, Aug 21, 2006

  2. Andy

    Merv Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    > I need your help on a Cat4006, that i need to upgrade its image, its
    > current image is 12.1(8a)EW1.
    > Product name: WS-C4006
    > Image: cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin

    cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin is an IOS image

    The Catalyst 4006 is at end-of-sale
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/prod_eol_notice09186a0080225602.html

    IOS images may have been removed from CCO; so you may have to get in
    touch with the Cisco TAC

    What SUP do you have ? Post complete output of show version

    Merv, Aug 21, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    Andy <> wrote:
    >I need your help on a Cat4006, that i need to upgrade its image, its
    >current image is 12.1(8a)EW1.
    >Product name: WS-C4006
    >Image: cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin

    >As far as i know this is an IOS image not a CatOS, (correct me plz if i
    >am wrong),

    >i need to figure out whether it is CatOS or IOS, and find
    >the latest image on Cisco. what i found was different images like
    >cat4000-k8.7-5-1.bin (is this catOS image?)

    Yes, cat4000-is-mz.121-8a.EW1.bin is IOS and cat4000-k8.7-5-1.bin is CatOS.

    For the latest IOS image, use the Feature Navigator to select
    the 4000 platform. is-mz is IP PLUS feature set. There is not too
    much newer, only as far as c4000-is-mz.12.1-22b.bin ( i.e., IOS 12.1(22b) )
    You will probably want to cross-check the memory requirements
    for that release; I don't see the release notes in a quick check.

    Walter Roberson, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi guys,
    The cat4006 is discontinued, and i could not find the IOS image using
    feature navigator for cat4006, but i found images for the 4500 series
    and i am wondering if the cat4000 images can be used on cat4006.

    Andy, Aug 24, 2006
  5. Andy

    Andy Guest

    The images i found were:

    cat4000-i5s-mz.122-25.EWA6.bin
    &
    cat4000-i5s-mz.12.2-25.EWA1.bin
    &
    cat4000-i5s-mz.122-20.EW1.bin

    How can i tell of they support the ROM:12.1(12r) EW i have on the
    cat4006 or i need to upgrade as well.

    Andy, Aug 24, 2006
  6. Andy

    Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    > The cat4006 is discontinued, and i could not find the IOS image using
    > feature navigator for cat4006, but i found images for the 4500 series
    > and i am wondering if the cat4000 images can be used on cat4006.

    Looks like you may be OK with SE III or better, older may be
    problematic.

    Why are you changing? As Merv says post output of

    sh ver
    sh mod

    , Aug 24, 2006
  7. Andy

    Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > The images i found were:
    >
    > cat4000-i5s-mz.122-25.EWA6.bin
    > &
    > cat4000-i5s-mz.12.2-25.EWA1.bin
    > &
    > cat4000-i5s-mz.122-20.EW1.bin
    >
    > How can i tell of they support the ROM:12.1(12r) EW i have on the
    > cat4006 or i need to upgrade as well.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer...ps4324/prod_release_note09186a00801f5b1e.html
    Release notes for 12.2E

    It is unlikely that you will have to change the ROM.
    Again, it's all in the release notes.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...od_release_note09186a0080144e6f.html#wp287255
    Release notes for 12.1E
    cat4000-is-mz.121-26.E3.bin

    Which SE do you have?
    sh mod
    sh ver

    , Aug 24, 2006
  8. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi guys,
    Sorry for not being able to post the sh ver, and sh module, becasue the
    switch is at a remote site and the adminstartor sent me a snapshot.
    It is SE 3, and the feature navigator has been a great help, i believe
    that later IOS does support the Catalyst 4006, Thank you very much for
    your time, and sorry for the delay.

    Andy, Aug 26, 2006