    appreciated.

    Regards,

    Alpha
    Alpha, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Alpha

    Minky Guest

    Minky, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Alpha

    °Mike° Guest

    Read your motherboard manual. It's in the BIOS.

    On 11 Sep 2003 11:12:17 -0700, in
    <>
    Alpha scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 11, 2003

  4. > I've noticed that when I boot my PC a message appears to say that
    > S.M.A.R.T. disk capability has been disabled. I've rummaged through
    > settings and can't find where I can enable it. I have a Jetway V266B
    > DDR / SDRam Motherboard. Can anyone tell me where the S.M.A.R.T.
    > (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) option is tucked
    > away?

    That is a BIOS setting...

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Sep 12, 2003
  5. Alpha

    Alpha Guest

    "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message news:<Xns93F47CA8CDC33spammenot@203.96.92.12>...
    > > I've noticed that when I boot my PC a message appears to say that
    > > S.M.A.R.T. disk capability has been disabled. I've rummaged through
    > > settings and can't find where I can enable it. I have a Jetway V266B
    > > DDR / SDRam Motherboard. Can anyone tell me where the S.M.A.R.T.
    > > (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) option is tucked
    > > away?

    > That is a BIOS setting...

    > Quantum Illusions: http://quantum.2ya.com
    > Pegasus Mail Support Site: http://pegasus.quantum.2ya.com
    > Freeware Site: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com
    > DATA Solutions: http://datasolutions.quantum.2ya.com
    >
    > If you truly want to contact me click the link
    > http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Thanks All! Very embarrassed. Don't know how I missed it even without the manual.

    Alpha
    Alpha, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Alpha

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Alpha said:

    > "Bebop & Rocksteady" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've noticed that when I boot my PC a message appears to say that
    >>> S.M.A.R.T. disk capability has been disabled. I've rummaged through
    >>> settings and can't find where I can enable it. I have a Jetway V266B
    >>> DDR / SDRam Motherboard. Can anyone tell me where the S.M.A.R.T.
    >>> (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) option is tucked
    >>> away?

    >> That is a BIOS setting...
    >>

    >> If you truly want to contact me click the link
    >> http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    > Thanks All! Very embarrassed. Don't know how I missed it even without the
    > manual.
    >
    > Alpha

    Well, it shows on the boot screen when you power up, and that *is* the BIOS
    loads, so 2+2=
    Brian H¹©, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Alpha

    Tim-mz500r Guest