S 400 Firmware update?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Louise, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Louise

    Louise Guest

    Subject: Canon S400 firmware update?

    I see there is a firmware update on the Canon Site for the
    S400. They say:

    "The firmware update will make your camera PictBridge*
    compliant if it is not already compliant.
    * PictBridge is a new industry standard for direct printing
    that allows you to print images without using a computer by
    directly connecting digital cameras and digital camcorders
    to a printer, regardless of the devices' brand and model.'

    Does anyone know whether this firmware update also fixes or
    changes anything else about the camera? I feel like I
    don't want to go throught the trouble and take the risk if
    it's only for PictBridge, which I don't want anyway.

    But if the upgrade also addresses other issues, bugs etc.,
    then it would be worth it.

    Has anyone do it yet?

    TIA

    --
    Louise ()

    --
    Louise ()
    Louise, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Louise

    Markeau Guest

    I did it a couple days ago. Went smooth, in fact it was quicker than
    the docs seemed to say it would take, and I did not see the cam
    restart or power off after it was finished. I thought I did something
    wrong, but I fired up the Zoombrowser and verified the new rev 2.0.0
    or whatever was showing (it was). Can't say I see anything different,
    and I won't use the PictBridge anytime soon, but having been in
    software development for a few decades I know many times there are
    little fixes that are undocumented so I went ahead and did it just in
    case.
    Markeau, Oct 29, 2003