    in car that doesn't need it?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), May 28, 2007

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    def456 Guest

    Does your recorder's manual say it will accept 4x RW DVDs? If not, forget
    it. If so...
    Try a different brand of disc. Also try a 8x. Rule of thumb: to get good
    burns, burn at half of the maximum rated speed of a disc.

    def456, May 28, 2007

  3. Per def456:
    >Rule of thumb: to get good
    >burns, burn at half of the maximum rated speed of a disc.

    Bingo!.... I guess I'll spring for another batch - but faster
    than 4x.

    Thanks.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), May 28, 2007
  4. (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per def456:
    >> Rule of thumb: to get good
    >> burns, burn at half of the maximum rated speed of a disc.

    > Bingo!.... I guess I'll spring for another batch - but faster
    > than 4x.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Do they make DVD-RW faster than 4x?

    Dietmar Haltermann, Jun 13, 2007
  5. (PeteCresswell)

    Phisherman Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:22:37 +1000, Dietmar Haltermann
    <> wrote:

    >(PeteCresswell) wrote:
    >> Per def456:
    >>> Rule of thumb: to get good
    >>> burns, burn at half of the maximum rated speed of a disc.

    >> Bingo!.... I guess I'll spring for another batch - but faster
    >> than 4x.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >Do they make DVD-RW faster than 4x?

    I have burned thousands of 8x DVDs on a 8x writer without any
    problems. I use genuine Taiyo Yuden R8X premium DVDs which cost a
    dime more than generic brands. Brands DO matter.

    Phisherman, Jun 13, 2007
  6. Per Dietmar Haltermann:
    >Do they make DVD-RW faster than 4x?

    I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure I saw 16x last time I was
    in Staples.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Jun 14, 2007
  7. (PeteCresswell)

    Bill Guest

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Dietmar Haltermann:
    >> Do they make DVD-RW faster than 4x?

    > I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure I saw 16x last time I was
    > in Staples.

    Those were probably DVD-R discs.

    Bill, Jun 14, 2007