    ....'but just what does it say? Hmm.

    Any translators here?

    Joe.
    Joe, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Joe

    dfrog Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    news:4jVKi.319022$...

    > I received an email which is in Russian, but ain't got a clue what it's
    > all about. :) Anyway, the thing is, it looks mighty intrigueing and I'd
    > really like to know just what it is exactly that they are selling. Can
    > anyone tell me?
    > Here's the link they sent me....
    >
    > http://www.podrobnee.ru/se/
    >
    > ...'but just what does it say? Hmm.
    >
    > Any translators here?
    >
    > Joe.

    Joe,
    you can find out for yourself without using the link.

    put 'podrobnee.ru' into google and let google translate the Russian site

    dfrog
    dfrog, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "dfrog" <> wrote in message

    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I received an email which is in Russian, but ain't got a clue what it's
    >> all about. :) Anyway, the thing is, it looks mighty intrigueing and I'd
    >> really like to know just what it is exactly that they are selling. Can
    >> anyone tell me?
    >> Here's the link they sent me....
    >>
    >> http://www.podrobnee.ru/se/
    >>
    >> ...'but just what does it say? Hmm.
    >>
    >> Any translators here?
    >>
    >> Joe.
    >>

    > Joe,
    > you can find out for yourself without using the link.
    >
    > put 'podrobnee.ru' into google and let google translate the Russian site
    >
    > dfrog

    I am amazed! I never knew Google could do that. I just read it....'thanks so
    much.

    Joe.
    Joe, Sep 27, 2007

    http://tinyurl.com/3drs9h
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 27, 2007
  5. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Joe wrote:
    >> I received an email which is in Russian, but ain't got a clue what it's
    >> all about. :) Anyway, the thing is, it looks mighty intrigueing and I'd
    >> really like to know just what it is exactly that they are selling. Can
    >> anyone tell me?
    >> Here's the link they sent me....
    >>
    >> http://www.podrobnee.ru/se/
    >>
    >> ...'but just what does it say? Hmm.
    >>
    >> Any translators here?

    > http://tinyurl.com/3drs9h

    LOL. One minute I can't read about it, and the next it's on ebay. :)

    I see they say it's for bird-watching but there's something sort of
    sinister-looking about it.

    Cheers.
    Joe.
    Joe, Sep 27, 2007
  6. Joe

    Bruce Xia Guest

    Bruce Xia, Sep 27, 2007
  7. Joe

    Mike Easter Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > I received an email which is in Russian, but ain't got a clue what
    > it's all about. :)

    Don't be opening and reading your spam.

    Don't be providing support to spamvertisers. You should pledge to never
    aid a spammer or spam supporter. Spam supporters are what make the
    spamworld go 'round. The problem with opening your spam and clicking on
    spamlinks is that it profits the spammer; as does having an interest in
    the promoted product.

    Also, a high percentage of people who open their spam curiously do so
    insecurely which has all kinds of bad effects which benefit spammers and
    spamsupporters.

    > http://www.podrobnee.ru/se/

    www.podrobnee.ru has an old history of spamming, examples seen in
    nana.sightings. The website provider has a history of spam support and
    of being listed in spamhaus as unresponsive to notifications of spam
    support and currently that provider Informtelecom has a /20 block of
    over 4000 IPs listed in the block with podrobnee's IP. Informtelecom
    also is a provider for the known 'registered' ROKSO spamgangster Vad Kaz
    (Wolf) http://snipr.com/1rc7r "Active spammer, all criminal type using
    botnet proxies selling pirated software, scam dating, etc."

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 27, 2007
  8. Joe

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message

    > I received an email which is in Russian, but ain't got a clue what
    > it's all about. :) Anyway, the thing is, it looks mighty intrigueing
    > and I'd really like to know just what it is exactly that they are
    > selling. Can anyone tell me?

    And some wonder why spam continues to survive. Advertising vanishes
    where is there no market. Yeah, thanks for supporting spammers.
    VanguardLH, Sep 28, 2007
  9. Joe

    chuckcar Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in

    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I received an email which is in Russian, but ain't got a clue what
    >> it's all about. :) Anyway, the thing is, it looks mighty intrigueing
    >> and I'd really like to know just what it is exactly that they are
    >> selling. Can anyone tell me?

    > And some wonder why spam continues to survive. Advertising vanishes
    > where is there no market. Yeah, thanks for supporting spammers.

    Not when advertising costs virtually nothing and you can gain
    information/another spambot by nefarious means at the same time.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 28, 2007