Rupert and his Transmeta powered notebook

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris, May 29, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Like the DSE model
    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-
    bin/dse.storefront/40b7fcfd0e9664ac273fc0a87f9907a2/Product/View/XC3394
    or the Ascent ones

    Was wondering if anybody has actually bought or used one. Rupert started a
    thread back in March. Did you end up buying 1 Rupert ?

    Does anyone have any particular links to reviews etc. ?

    I had a look at one in DSE this afternoon and the finish seems OK and they
    are quite small and light. If you were to buy an OEM copy of Windows XP
    Pro it increases the price, sure, but other Notebooks in that price range
    seem to have XP Home and are larger etc.
    --
    Chris

    Chris, May 29, 2004

  2. Chris

    Rupert Guest

    No, I never got one - was just looking around for one for my folks getting
    some idea of prices etc

    Rupert, May 30, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Rupert" <> wrote in

    > No, I never got one - was just looking around for one for my folks
    > getting some idea of prices etc

    OK, thanks, I though I'd ask on the off chance ...

    Chris, May 30, 2004