Running Vista 64. FAQ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by David F, Dec 18, 2007.

  1. David F

    David F Guest

    I've been running Vista Business 64 without many problems for a few days
    now. One thing is that I'm no longer able to see previews of Adobe
    documents in Windows Explorer.

    1) Does anyone have a fix for this?

    I use Vista 64 because in addition to using MS Office, I do development.
    I'm running SQL Server 2005 64 bit and also Visual Studio 2008. The system
    is very fast and very stable with 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 HD on an Thinkpad
    X61s laptop.

    Here are two things to look out for:
    This should help you with ITunes burning DVDs under Vista 64:
    http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotnetguy/archive/2007/11/22/23851.aspx

    Workaround for Windows Search and Office 2007 documents on Windows Vista
    64-bit.
    http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/km...e-2007-documents-on-windows-vista-64-bit.aspx

    Nero OEM Essentials 7 with latest update works for me. So does ImgBurn.
    Motorola Phone Tools through bluetooth to my Moto Razr to update contacts
    from Outlook works as well. I know that Cisco VPN client does not work, but
    the newer version called AnyConnect does work.

    2) Could we please put together a FAQ that helps people with various
    problems such as those above?

    David F, Dec 18, 2007

  2. A FAQ like you find on forums and websites do not work on newsgroups.
    Messages scroll out of sight in a couple of days and folks don't go looking
    for such things because they don't expect to find them in a newsgroup. Such
    things need to be pinned to the top of the view and does not work in an ng.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Oh my goodness, Colin how are you? :) Hope all is well. :)
    --
    Andre
    Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Dec 18, 2007
  4. David F

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Hello Colin. Nice to see you.

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Dec 18, 2007
  5. Much better, thanks.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 18, 2007
  6. Hi!

    "Peter Foldes" <> wrote in message
    Hello Colin. Nice to see you.

    --
    Peter

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 18, 2007
  7. Correct - and besides, this NG, as it comes, IS a FAQ since all reasonable
    questions are usually answered 'Pronto'!

    The rest won't find it's answere in any FAQ anyhow?

    Tony. . .

    Tont Sperling, Dec 19, 2007