    again, and it starts up but instead of going to the sign in it sees
    the first client running and thinks that that counts and doesnt start
    up another one, how can i fix this?

    john, Nov 15, 2003

  2. john

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (john) wrote in news:e729b633.0311142343.51a68192
    @posting.google.com:

    > could anyone tell me how to run two clients of the same program, one
    > easy example is a game i play, i have two accounts and would like to
    > log both in but when i start one up and log in i click on the icon
    > again, and it starts up but instead of going to the sign in it sees
    > the first client running and thinks that that counts and doesnt start
    > up another one, how can i fix this?

    Not easily. Those programs are designed to launch, and if they find
    another copy running they will simply tell that copy to un-minimize/raise
    to the front and exit themselves.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 15, 2003

  3. john

    Flagg Guest

    what program are you trying to run?

    Flagg, Nov 16, 2003
  4. john

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Flagg" <> wrote in news:WAKtb.214251$Fm2.207328
    @attbi_s04:

    > what program are you trying to run?
    > "john" <> wrote in message
    >> could anyone tell me how to run two clients of the same program, one
    >> easy example is a game i play, i have two accounts and would like to
    >> log both in but when i start one up and log in i click on the icon
    >> again, and it starts up but instead of going to the sign in it sees
    >> the first client running and thinks that that counts and doesnt start
    >> up another one, how can i fix this?

    This cannot be fixed, because the program has logic in it that looks to see
    if the program is already running. If the program starts and see that it's
    already running, then it will terminate itself. Some programs don't allow
    themselves to be started more than one time due to program corruption of
    resources along with other factors, when running multiple occurrences of
    the program.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 16, 2003