    NYangel Guest

    Running Win98, am running out of memory, is there a program I can use to
    safely clear the memory and programs I don't need??.....as always thanx.

    NYangel, Sep 28, 2003

  2. NYangel

    trout Guest

    NYangel wrote:

    > Running Win98, am running out of memory, is there a program I can use
    > to safely clear the memory and programs I don't need??.....as always
    > thanx.

    *Always* go to Add/Remove programs, in the Control Panel first; to
    properly uninstall programs that you don't use/need.
    HD Valet, and jv16powertools are good programs to clean things up.
    Available at Mike's page.
    ┬░Mike┬░'s Basic computer maintenance:
    <http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html>
    --
    "Along with other useful tips."

    trout, Sep 28, 2003

  3. NYangel

    Ron Martell Guest

    "NYangel" <> wrote:

    >Running Win98, am running out of memory, is there a program I can use to
    >safely clear the memory and programs I don't need??.....as always thanx.

    Genuine "out of memory" errors or problems in Windows 95/98/Me have
    only two possible causes:

    1. The hard drive is full, thereby preventing Windows from creating
    the necessary virtual memory swap file space needed to meet the total
    memory requirements of the computer.

    2. A maximum size limit has been placed on the virtual memory swap
    file, thereby artificially creating the same problem as a full hard
    drive.

    However there are numerous known instances where false "out of memory"
    messages can be produced. It is also quite common for people to
    mistakenly associated problems or warning messages regarding System
    Resources as being related to RAM memory when in fact they are not.

    So if you can provide some specific details, including the verbatim
    text of any associated error or warning messages, regarding your
    "running out of memory" problems then it should be possible to give
    you some specific advice as to how to remedy the situation.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Sep 29, 2003
  4. NYangel

    NYangel Guest

    Thanx for your response.....The file download dialogue box just idles for
    ever, I get no estimated time left, no download to:, no transferring
    rate.....Note: I don't get any , out of memory message,

    NYangel, Sep 29, 2003