    both OS's? I have a 40 gig hard drive installed that's just empty. How can
    I install it on drive G: and just start it when I want it and leave XP home
    the one that boots?

    garycul, Jun 24, 2003

  2. garycul

    garycul Guest

    I go to partition and format my new hard drive and it has already been
    assigned a letter. It shows it's a healthy active primary drive. Does XP
    format automatically? Well I was going to try to format it with the windows
    interface and help says right click to partition it but all that's there is
    delete partition. So I went to the command line option and you have to enter
    the size etc. But if it's formated already I guess I'm nervous because I
    have no way to back up everything on my main system drive and even though
    the drives are seperated by numbers I'm afraid their connected because
    they're both primary drives. What would you use to back up the system drive?
    or am I just paranoid?

    "garycul" <garycul(at)comcast(dot)net> wrote in message
    > I have XP home install on my Compaq 5000 series desktop. I just purchased

    XP

    garycul, Jun 24, 2003