running an mgcp-client

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by stewdi, Mar 5, 2008.

  1. stewdi

    stewdi

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hello, I try to run a telephone using MGCP with an asterisk-server.

    I always thought the protocol is just for the usage of gateways. But there are some phones using it at all. so i just got such a phone.

    after setting everything up the phone was not able to register at the asterisk server. heres my configuration:

    mgcp.conf

    [general]
    port = 2727
    bindaddr = 192.168.1.1

    [192.168.1.225]
    context=default
    host=192.168.1.225
    callerid="5001" <5001>
    threewaycalling=yes
    transfer=yes
    nat=no
    line => aaln/1

    extensions.conf

    exten => _50XX,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/1@192.168.1.225)

    so the problem is, that the phone is not able to register at the server!

    can anyone help me?
    stewdi, Mar 5, 2008