    to run as a service would be helpful.

    Regards,

    Michael
    msg, Jan 30, 2008

  2. On 01/31/2008 02:57 AM, msg wrote:
    > Does anyone have experience with any Windows softphone running
    > it as a service using 'srvany.exe' (or other means)? The intent
    > is to permit the softphone to run before user logins and survive
    > logouts and to have GUI and user interaction on the screen.
    >
    > Especially useful would be descriptions of doing this with
    > X-lite and Firefly. I have not begun experiments yet and hope
    > to gain some insights from others first.
    >
    > Also, references to other products which may include the option
    > to run as a service would be helpful.

    I have not checked Windows version, because I don't use Windows, but I
    think, either the GTK2 or QT4 client of open source YATE version 2.0.x
    software could be your best bet (see http://YATE.null.ro/).

    Anu'z Linux@HOME (Unix Shoppe) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Gentoo, Fedora, Debian/FreeBSD/XP
    Balwinder S Dheeman, Jan 30, 2008

  3. msg

    msg Guest

    Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:

    > On 01/31/2008 02:57 AM, msg wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone have experience with any Windows softphone running
    >> it as a service using 'srvany.exe' (or other means)? The intent
    >> is to permit the softphone to run before user logins and survive
    >> logouts and to have GUI and user interaction on the screen.
    >>
    >> Especially useful would be descriptions of doing this with
    >> X-lite and Firefly. I have not begun experiments yet and hope
    >> to gain some insights from others first.
    >>
    >> Also, references to other products which may include the option
    >> to run as a service would be helpful.

    > I have not checked Windows version, because I don't use Windows, but I
    > think, either the GTK2 or QT4 client of open source YATE version 2.0.x
    > software could be your best bet (see http://YATE.null.ro/).

    Thanks for your reply; I had not looked at yate in awhile (I run asterisk)
    but it looks like a fine project. Unfortunately the yate
    for Windows runs only as an application out of the box.

    Regards,

    Michael
    msg, Jan 31, 2008
  4. msg

    msg Guest

    msg wrote:

    > Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
    >
    >> On 01/31/2008 02:57 AM, msg wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have experience with any Windows softphone running
    >>> it as a service using 'srvany.exe' (or other means)? The intent
    >>> is to permit the softphone to run before user logins and survive
    >>> logouts and to have GUI and user interaction on the screen.
    >>>
    >>> Especially useful would be descriptions of doing this with
    >>> X-lite and Firefly. I have not begun experiments yet and hope
    >>> to gain some insights from others first.
    >>>
    >>> Also, references to other products which may include the option
    >>> to run as a service would be helpful.

    >> I have not checked Windows version, because I don't use Windows, but I
    >> think, either the GTK2 or QT4 client of open source YATE version 2.0.x
    >> software could be your best bet (see http://YATE.null.ro/).
    >>

    > Thanks for your reply; I had not looked at yate in awhile (I run asterisk)
    > but it looks like a fine project. Unfortunately the yate
    > for Windows runs only as an application out of the box.

    Sorry, somehow a word got deleted from my post: I was writing:
    'Unfortunately the yate client for Windows runs only as an application
    out of the box'.

    Michael
    msg, Jan 31, 2008