    this?

    Thanks
    Raj
    Rajesh S, Apr 23, 2007

  2. EM64T is the instructions set that supports running both 32bit and 64bit
    editions of Windows on a 64bit cpu. Performance is excellent. This is the
    native mode for 64bit Windows so why would there be any degradation in
    performance? If you mean is there degradation in running 32bit Windows on
    such a cpu, there is not. In fact there is a slight benefit to performance.

    --
    Colin Barnhorst
    MVP Virtual Machine

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 23, 2007

  3. Rajesh S

    An@nymous Guest

    How about running 64-bit Win XP on CPU like P4 630 (3.0 GHz)? This CPU
    supports EM64T.

    An@nymous, Apr 23, 2007
  4. I don't see why not. XP x64 was designed for just such a machine.

    --
    Colin Barnhorst
    MVP Virtual Machine

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 23, 2007
  5. You might find the following whitepaper of interest. Originally written for
    XP x64, many of it's points are still relevant in these early days of Vista
    64-bit. And it will provide a good overview of the strengths and features of
    64-bit computing. Along with some of the caveats.
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64