    on the 64bit hardware?

    Thanks,
    Mark.
    Mark, Sep 21, 2007

  2. As long as you don't need >4GB of RAM, you're fine. These days it's
    virtually impossible to buy a server class machine that isn't 64bit
    hardware. But the beauty of the AMD64 architecture is that it's also a very
    good 32-bit processor. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 21, 2007

  3. another good trick is to put your page file on a different drive, or across a
    stripe @ 4096, i do that on all my systems (will still put a small 512mb on
    the c, but a min of 4096 on the d, or stripe, seems to me i read somewhere
    that a page file runs better on fat32, i could be wrong, it was a while ago
    but your performance should be fine
    --
    rf

    =?Utf-8?B?cmljOTI2?=, Sep 24, 2007