    Can anybody help.
    TIA
    ron

    Ronald Murray, Jun 25, 2006

  2. Ronald Murray

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Ronald Murray wrote:
    > Hello
    > I bought a used Dell Inspiron 8500. Everything seems to work fine. But when
    > I go to shut down , I keep getting this message. rundll32.exe
    > Then I have to select END NOW to shut down. Can this be cured easily? What
    > causes this to happen?

    You should check the System Event Log to see if error messages are being
    recorded about the condition.

    > Another unrelated problem. The time in the bottom right hand corner is in
    > the 24 hour mode. I tried going to the control panel & changing the time. It
    > appears to change in there but still shows the 24 hour clock in the bottom
    > corner. When it starts to turn on , it displays the 12 hour clock , but
    > after it fully boots up it reverts back to the 24 hour clock
    > Can anybody help.

    Maybe, it's due to the rundll32 problems.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 25, 2006

  3. You should check the System Event Log to see if error messages are being
    recorded about the condition.

    Hello Duane
    Thank-you for your response.
    How do I perform the System Event Log?
    ron

    Ronald Murray, Jun 25, 2006
  4. Ronald Murray

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Ronald Murray wrote:
    > You should check the System Event Log to see if error messages are being
    > recorded about the condition.
    >
    > Hello Duane
    > Thank-you for your response.
    > How do I perform the System Event Log?
    > ron

    I'll assume the O/S is XP. If not and it's Win 2k,it's in the same area.

    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/j_helmig/wxpevent.htm

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 25, 2006