    Error loading program files\intern~1\hmmapi.dll

    Specified modulue could not be found

    Any suggestions?
    senseofhumor13, Mar 2, 2004

  2. senseofhumor13

    hootnholler Guest

    It appears that the file that is missing is used for Outlook Express in
    opening new links when clicking on them in your emails. It has to do with
    web based mail (http), and is usually included with part of the basic
    installation of your email program (here's a link dealing with eudora, but
    the same pretty much applies to outlook express...
    http://www.eudora.com/developers/mapi.html#WhatIsMapi).

    The file itself is found in cabinet file #30 on the windows 98 cd, but if
    needed, you can download from here and install to the directory that it's
    asking you to, probably c:\program files\internet explorer.
    http://www.dictacomm.com/Win_Dll/98_2nd/H_dll_Files.htm

    Hope this helps.

    Hoot

    hootnholler, Mar 2, 2004

  3. My o/s is XP home edition not 98, does that matter?

    senseofhumor13, Mar 3, 2004
  4. senseofhumor13

    hootnholler Guest

    Hi Humor,

    Sorry, didn't think of that, and they've been working my butt off, took a
    couple of days to respond. My apologies.

    After reading some of your other posts, here's one solution you can try to
    fix your issue. You can put the windows xp cd in the cd rom drive, and go
    to start/run, and type this in.... sfc /scannow that will scan your
    files for any missing files and replace them with ones off the cd. Make
    sure you do a restore point before doing this.

    Another option, since this is part of outlook express, you can go to
    add/remove programs in the control panel, find internet explorer, and if you
    are using 5.5 or higher, you can highlight in the add/remove window, and
    click 'remove'. It will popup a new window with more options, and you can
    select 'repair'. If it does not have this option, you can just remove the
    'updated' ie, revert back to an older one. Hopefully, you have broadband to
    download your update again, makes life a lot simpler ;-)

    If all of this does not work, you can try the google, but be warned, not all
    dll files on the net are legit. I did search for it at one of my favorite
    dll file holders, but alas, they did not have it. It's
    http://www.dll-files.com and you can request them to put the file up, if you
    wish.

    Lemme know how it goes.

    hootnholler, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Hey Hoot, thanks for all your suggestions. I tried the
    add/remove suggestion but IE does not show up on the
    add/remove. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are many other
    undesired programs that are not reflected at add/remove.
    Anyways, I tried downloading IE but I couldn't even find
    a site that offered the IE download. I tried
    download.com, microsoft.com and pcworld.com. .There were
    update service packs but I couldn't find the IE browser.
    Any suggestions?

    Also, I'm having problems with setting my homepage. You
    know how normally, one can go to tools/internet options
    and set the homepage, well, that part of the window is
    grayed out and I can't change the homepage. Any
    suggestions here?

    Thanks for all your effort thus far. I truly do
    appreciate it.

    senseofhumor13, Mar 4, 2004
  6. senseofhumor13

    hootnholler Guest

    Hi Humor,

    That's perfectly okay that you could not find it in add/remove programs.
    That option only seems to appear wth, I believe, IE 5.5 and up.

    Go to help/about, and lemme know what version you are running. Also, if you
    installed this as part of your internet connection, ie, you were given the
    cd to install internet explorer, this could be part of your problem. Some
    like to give away 'crippleware', which will take out certain functions of
    the software...

    hootnholler, Mar 5, 2004
  7. I have version 6 Hoot. Just out of curiosity, how do I go
    about deleting programs that don't appear on add/remove?
    Thanks again for all your help.

    wrote in message
    >> Hey Hoot, thanks for all your suggestions. I tried the
    >> add/remove suggestion but IE does not show up on the
    >> add/remove. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are many

    other
    >> undesired programs that are not reflected at

    add/remove.
    >> Anyways, I tried downloading IE but I couldn't even

    find
    >> a site that offered the IE download. I tried
    >> download.com, microsoft.com and pcworld.com. .There

    were
    >> update service packs but I couldn't find the IE

    browser.
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Also, I'm having problems with setting my homepage. You
    >> know how normally, one can go to tools/internet options
    >> and set the homepage, well, that part of the window is
    >> grayed out and I can't change the homepage. Any
    >> suggestions here?
    >>
    >> Thanks for all your effort thus far. I truly do
    >> appreciate it.

    <>

    senseofhumor13, Mar 5, 2004
  8. senseofhumor13

    hootnholler Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=247501 I could try and
    explain, but I'll let Uncle Billy's minions do it for me ;-)

    Also, check for any registry keys that lead to internet explorer. This is
    one trick that I like to use, but it doesn't always work, so use at your own
    risk...
    How To Repair Internet Explorer 6 :
    1) Click Start, then Run...then type (you can copy/paste this next
    line if you wish):
    rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt
    Then press Enter.
    2) Select "Repair Internet Explorer, then hit OK.

    hootnholler, Mar 6, 2004
  9. Hey Hoot! I tried running the setupwbv.dll but I got an
    error message saying that "this module could not be
    found". Any other suggestions or are you ready to throw
    in the towel.

    Thanks

    wrote in message
    >> I have version 6 Hoot. Just out of curiosity, how do I

    go
    >> about deleting programs that don't appear on

    add/remove?
    >> Thanks again for all your help.

    <>

    sensenofhumor13, Mar 6, 2004