    256 M/RAM

    Many Thanks

    Simon.

    simon, Jan 10, 2004

  2. simon

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 10, 2004

  3. simon

    Senti Guest

    simon did mumble GESLb.173$...

    > I am currently on win 98se,would xp-pro run ok on my machine seeing
    > as it's only
    >
    > AMDK6/2
    > 500MHZ
    > 13GIG H/D
    > 256 M/RAM
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Simon.

    Check out the WinXP Upgrade Advisor...

    Look here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp
    or TunyURL:
    http://tinyurl.com/u8i
    --
    ~SF~
    We don't seem to be able to check crime, so why not legalize it and

    Senti, Jan 10, 2004
  4. simon

    philo Guest

    "simon" <> wrote in message
    > I am currently on win 98se,would xp-pro run ok on my machine seeing as

    it's
    > only
    >
    > AMDK6/2
    > 500MHZ
    > 13GIG H/D
    > 256 M/RAM

    Those specs are fine for XP
    however if your win98 is working ok I would not bother.
    OTOH if your win98 is not running well...then XP should be a lot more stable

    I would recommend a clean install...you can use an XP upgrade cd
    to perform a clean install as long as you have your win98 cd

    philo, Jan 10, 2004
  5. simon

    Harrison Guest

    XP Pro should run with no problems on that machine.
    My son was running it on a 450/128 for several months.
    Don't expect it to zip along like a 2 ghz., but it will do fine.
    One thing you didn't mention was your graphics adapter.
    An upgrade there may be helpful as well.

    Harrison, Jan 10, 2004
  6. simon

    simon Guest

    simon, Jan 10, 2004