    Richard
    Northern California

    Be Nice to Everyone Everyday

    Richard Miller, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Richard Miller

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Internet Options / Advanced ...
    Check - Disable script debugging
    Uncheck - Display notification of every script error.

    Basic system maintenance:

    · Close I.E. and empty your temporary internet files from
    Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check the
    box to include offline content.

    · Clean up unnecessary files from your hard drive. HDValet
    performs this well, and is highly configurable.

    http://www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-bin/freedownload/Multi-Platform/n/105/hdvalet.zip

    · Make sure that you do not have too many files and folders in
    'My Documents'. Create new folders *outside* of 'My Documents'
    and move stuff to the new folders.

    · Clean up your registry (you MUST read the FAQs):
    Jv16 Power Tools
    http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/jv16powertools.shtml
    EasyCleaner
    http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm

    · Streamline your startups - disable what is not necessary:
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm
    http://www.greatis.com/regrun3startupprograms.htm
    http://www.greatis.com/regrun3necessary.htm

    · Reboot and immediately empty your Windows\Temp folder.

    · Empty your recycle bin.

    · Keep your system well maintained.

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:37:14 -0700, in
    <bd5em0$3ok$>
    Richard Miller scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Richard Miller

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Richard Miller

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:47:10 +0100, in
    <>
    Shep© scrawled:

    >On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:39:59 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    >scutters °Mike° <> wrote :
    >
    >>Tools / Internet Options / Advanced ...
    >>Check - Disable script debugging
    >>Uncheck - Display notification of every script error.
    >>

    >>Basic system maintenance:

    <snip>

    >Heh.Heh.
    >Makes me soooo proud :D

    I don't follow you. A post of mine makes *you* proud?
    Am I missing something?

    --
    "It's good to see you've sorted your broken sig out, at last."

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003
  5. Richard Miller

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:23:45 +0100, in
    <>
    Shep© scrawled:

    >On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:06:35 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    >scutters °Mike° <> wrote :
    >
    >>On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:47:10 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> Shep© scrawled:

    >><snip>
    >>
    >>>Heh.Heh.
    >>>Makes me soooo proud :D

    >>I don't follow you. A post of mine makes *you* proud?
    >>Am I missing something?

    >Yes.I'm soo glad that the small things in life please you.

    I'm still not following you.

    >I did it just for your you :O)
    >Count that as a success.

    Did WHAT for me?

    >PS
    >I have 2 counters on my web pages.
    >1 you see.1 you don't.One e-mails me when a domain I've flagged visits
    >my pages ;-)

    That's nice. Is it supposed to mean something? Seriously.
    You've got me totally confused here.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003