Run Time Error, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Denise, May 8, 2008.

  1. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Hi,

    I have Windows XP x64.

    Yesterday, I installed Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise. There were no
    problems installing it and it works fine. Up until a few minutes ago, my pc
    had no problems. When I rebooted a few minutes ago, my pc received the below
    runtime error. It's never happened before. I don't know if the error is
    connected to 2007 Enterprise or if something else is causing it.

    "Runtime Error, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program: ...ram Files (x86)Ascentive\Performance Center\APCMain.exe
    way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

    This is my personal pc. I made no changes to my settings or other programs
    so I don't know what's causing it.

    How can this be fixed?

    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    Denise, May 8, 2008

  2. Denise

    Carlos Guest

    Denise,
    Spyware maybe?
    http://www.securitystronghold.com/gates/spywarestriker.html
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 8, 2008

  3. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Hi Carlos,

    That's an excellent link . . . thanks for providing it. I think a lot of
    people can benefit from it.

    Before I received your reply, I opened Advanced Windows Care, a really good
    cleaning program for XP x64. I opened the Ignore list. This list tells
    Advanced Windows Care not to report programs on the list.
    Ascentive\Performance Center was on the list to be Ignored, as if it was an
    allowed program. I don't know how it became an acceptable program. I
    deselected it and when I rebooted, I didn't get the Runtime error message
    again. But I'm going to try out your link and run a few other
    anti-virus/trojan/worm programs to see if one of them picks up something.

    Again, I hope other people see the link you provided, and thanks for
    responding.

    Denise, May 8, 2008