    VAIO so that his old VAIO is accessible on the network and, hopefully,
    let him share the folder(s) that contain his games. Would that work?

    David A.

    David Azose, Mar 20, 2008

  2. David Azose

    John Guest

    Virtual PC may solve this problem.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

    John, Mar 20, 2008

  3. On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:25:39 -0700, David Azose <>
    wrote:

    >My brother has a Pentium 4 desktop running Window XP sp2. He also has a
    >very old VAIO running Windows98 on which he has some old games he likes
    >but don't run under XP.
    >
    >I have been trying to get him to set up a network. I have suggested to
    >him that he get a wireless router and a USB wireless adapter for his
    >VAIO so that his old VAIO is accessible on the network and, hopefully,
    >let him share the folder(s) that contain his games. Would that work?
    >
    >David A.

    It's hard to find a wireless adapter that works with Windows 98. To
    connect Windows 98 to a network, I recommend either a wired Ethernet
    connection or a wireless gaming adapter connected to a wired Ethernet
    adapter.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com