    into that? It's so SLOOOW to do a restore at present. Is that the loading
    time and would a USB pen let the programm load quicker?

    Thanks
    A Shropshire Lad, Dec 10, 2005

  2. A Shropshire Lad

    Dan Evans Guest

    "A Shropshire Lad" <> wrote in message
    news:dnev4g$o8n$-infra.bt.com...
    > My PC claims in the BIOS that it can boot from USB.

    USB what? USB floppy, hard drive, CD?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Dec 10, 2005

  3. A Shropshire Lad

    berksposter Guest

    Well it does say in the subject line "flash usb drive", so that should give
    you a hint !!

    BP

    berksposter, Dec 10, 2005
  4. I think what dan mean was the option in the BIOS says USB... some older
    bios'can only boot USB from like a ZIP drive, or maybe CD Drive...

    Sticking on point now, I doubt copying the files over would work since
    you would not have a boot loader, but if I remember right norton's cd
    is a sort of LiveCD so once its booted it realy shouldn't be that
    slow,since it shouldn't keep accessing the CD, it should be running
    from ram, so maybe it would be easier to add more ram, since the
    problem might be that you don't have enough, that it keeps trying to
    run from the cd after boot. or it might be the cd or hard drive
    themselvescausing the slow down
    Matthew C Rice, Dec 10, 2005
  5. A Shropshire Lad

    Trax Guest

    "A Shropshire Lad" <> wrote:

    |>My PC claims in the BIOS that it can boot from USB.
    |>
    |>Can I put the files from my Norton Ghost CD onto a flash drive, then boot
    |>into that? It's so SLOOOW to do a restore at present. Is that the loading
    |>time and would a USB pen let the programm load quicker?

    Yes but you need to format with HP's USB utility
    http://tinyurl.com/6zheh

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/7ocke
    Trax, Dec 10, 2005
  6. I have 2Gb of RAM

    A Shropshire Lad, Dec 11, 2005
  7. A Shropshire Lad

    Dan Evans Guest

    "berksposter" <> wrote in message
    > Well it does say in the subject line "flash usb drive", so that should
    > give you a hint !!

    Yeah, gives me a hint as to what he wants to boot from, *NOT* what the BIOS
    can boot from - which is what I was asking, clever bollocks.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Dec 11, 2005
  8. A Shropshire Lad

    berksposter Guest

    Lol, everything about me is clever mate, including the bollocks, do you have
    any? ;-)

    Bp

    berksposter, Dec 11, 2005
  9. A Shropshire Lad

    > Lol, everything about me is clever mate, including the bollocks, do you
    > have any? ;-)

    Only one now.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Dec 11, 2005
  10. A Shropshire Lad

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:439cbae2$0$7683$,
    Dan Evans spewed forth:
    > "berksposter" <> wrote in message
    >> Lol, everything about me is clever mate, including the bollocks, do
    >> you have any? ;-)

    > Only one now.

    Sorry for your loss...

    --