    technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
    personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.

    Need I say MORE?

    Lin, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Lin

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Lin said:

    > Rules of Conduct
    >
    > Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
    > technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
    > personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
    >

    > Need I say MORE?

    Bollocks

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Lin

    bb3 Guest

    "Lin" <> wrote in message
    > Rules of Conduct
    >
    > Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
    > technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please

    avoid
    > personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
    >

    > Need I say MORE?

    Yes. Where did you get that. There is NO and I repeat, in case you're
    daft, NO faq's for this group. There is no such thing as "off topic",
    and it certainly isn't limited to MS products.

    bb3, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Lin

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Lin said:

    > "bb3" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Lin" <> wrote in message
    >>> Rules of Conduct
    >>>
    >>> Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
    >>> technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
    >>> personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
    >>>

    >>> Need I say MORE?
    >>>

    >> Yes. Where did you get that. There is NO and I repeat, in case you're
    >> daft, NO faq's for this group. There is no such thing as "off topic",
    >> and it certainly isn't limited to MS products.

    > Home Help Newsgroups Rules of Conduct
    >

    > Help Newsgroup Rules of Conduct
    > This document contains the AT&T Worldnet® Help Newsgroup
    > Rules of Conduct posted to the worldnet.help.* newsgroups every 30 days.

    AT&T does not own, run or control 24hoursupport.helpdesk.

    Also, *do not post binaries to a non-binary news group*

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Lin

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:45:53 +0100, Lin wrote:

    >Rules of Conduct
    >
    >Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
    >technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
    >personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.

    That's a load of manure.

    >Need I say MORE?

    Was far too much already.

    Me

    why?, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Lin

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Lin wrote:
    > Rules of Conduct
    >
    > Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
    > technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please
    > avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
    >

    > Need I say MORE?

    No say LESS!!!!
    You are very tiresome.
    (No slurs no profanity but not sure about the personal attack bit)

    TRADESMAN, Oct 1, 2003
  7. fick you

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  8. **** you and your fucking AT&T. With earthlink, there ARE NO RULES, I
    REPEAT, ARE NO RULES.

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  9. true

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  10. Lin

    Brian H¹© Guest

    yellow submarine said:

    > **** you and your fucking AT&T. With earthlink, there ARE NO RULES, I
    > REPEAT, ARE NO RULES.

    When you reply, if you place your cursor *below* the text you are replying to
    *before* typing, you will be able to stop top-posting all the time.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  11. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    via
    > >> the newsgroups, we can. If you do not wish to include your AT&T

    Worldnet
    > >> address in a newsgroup posting, then you might prefer to use our Web
    > >> based email form https://mailus.help.att.net/BridgePage or our live
    > >> HelpChat! http://help.att.net/care/helpchat/index.html for help with
    > >> your problems.
    > >> If you have any additional questions and are unable to find
    > >> the answers in our FAQs,please post them in one of the AT&T Worldnet
    > >> help newsgroups. For a list of all of the AT&T Worldnet help

    newsgroups,
    > >> see Getting Help Through Newsgroups. If you're new to newsgroups,

    please
    > >> read our Newsgroups Tutorial for a brief introduction to newsgroups and
    > >> instructions on how to participate in them.

    ok ok, much better. how do i create top "things" where like "when .... went
    into the shower, he/she/it sang a song:"?

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  12. Lin

    bb3 Guest

    "Lin" <> wrote in message

    > "bb3" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Lin" <> wrote in message
    > > > Rules of Conduct
    > > >
    > > > Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
    > > > technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please

    > > avoid
    > > > personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
    > > >

    > > > Need I say MORE?
    > > >

    > > Yes. Where did you get that. There is NO and I repeat, in case

    > you're
    > > daft, NO faq's for this group. There is no such thing as "off

    topic",
    > > and it certainly isn't limited to MS products.

    <snip>

    So what's your point?

    bb3, Oct 1, 2003
  13. "bb3" <> wrote in message

    > "Lin" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "bb3" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Lin" <> wrote in message

    > > > avoid

    > > > Yes. Where did you get that. There is NO and I repeat, in case

    > > you're
    > > > daft, NO faq's for this group. There is no such thing as "off

    > topic",
    > > > and it certainly isn't limited to MS products.

    > <snip>
    >
    > So what's your point?

    good question

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  14. Lin

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:45:53 +0100, Lin wrote:

    >Rules of Conduct
    >
    >Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
    >technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
    >personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
    >

    >Need I say MORE?

    Searched Groups for group:24hoursupport.helpdesk author:Lin. Results 1 - 24
    of about 28. Search took 0.52 seconds.

    Why, yes. Yes, you should:

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

    "A newsgroup is an already existing community of people into which you have just
    walked.
    Many of the people posting regularly there have been doing so for a long
    time, they will have established relationships with each other, many will be
    friends offline. It is up to you to fit in with them, not for them to adapt to
    suit you. Before you post your first message, lurk for a while. Forget any bad
    ideas you might have about the word 'lurk' - online it simply means to read
    without posting. By doing this, you will get a feel for the culture of the
    group, who the regular posters are, who is likely to be friendly, who is likely
    to be rude, what the group regards as acceptable in terms of thread drift,
    off-topic posts etc. Every newsgroup is different so get a feel for the culture
    before jumping in."

    That's you, the would-be moduhrator.

    "WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH!!1!!!"

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Oct 1, 2003
  15. Lin

    Stickems Guest

    Hear hear.

    Stickems, Oct 1, 2003
  16. Lin

    Jammer Guest

    Hi,
    Is top posting better, I thought so. Or Is bottom posting better. Because I
    have been top posting all these years.

    --
    Jammer :)

    In news:u3Deb.4218$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed: with a :)

    Jammer, Oct 1, 2003
  17. Lin

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Jammer said:

    > Hi,
    > Is top posting better, I thought so. Or Is bottom posting better. Because I
    > have been top posting all these years.

    It makes sense to reply *under* the text you are replying to, so that the
    question is *followed* by the answer/comment.

    Keeping a thread legible is what is important, not having is splattered all over
    the place with mixtures of top, bottom, top, bottom.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  18. Lin

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:45:53 +0100, "Lin" <> scribbled:

    **** off.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Oct 1, 2003
  19. Lin

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:12:08 GMT, "yellow submarine"
    < want no spam> scribbled:

    >**** you and your fucking AT&T. With earthlink, there ARE NO RULES, I
    >REPEAT, ARE NO RULES.

    Really? Perhaps you should peruse these helpful documents
    before looking even more like a moron.

    http://www.earthlink.net/about/policies/

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Oct 1, 2003
  20. Lin

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:59:18 +0100, "Lin" <> scribbled:

    >This document contains the AT&T Worldnet® Help Newsgroup
    >Rules of Conduct posted to the worldnet.help.* newsgroups every 30 days.

    What the **** makes you think AT&T's rules apply to
    anyone but AT&T subscribers? They don't mean shit
    to me.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Oct 1, 2003