RTP: Newbie General Questions

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by xinumike, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. xinumike

    xinumike Guest

    I was reading through RFC 3350 and was confused about a couple things.
    I am just learning how RTP works, so please forgive me if I ask
    something
    obvious.

    First, creation of an SDES;

    1) Under what circumstances would you have more than one SDES?
    Would this be under the "mixer" applications?

    2) What SDES types are typically inserted, for example, for a SIP
    application?

    3) Looking through the exmample source code include in RFC 3550, I
    notice
    a concept of senders and members.

    * Would memebers be any SSRC/CSRC who participate a session?
    * Would senders be anybody on the local end who write to a session?
    * Could it be said that all senders are members but not all members are
    senders?

    Thanks a lot for the help.

    -Mike

    xinumike, Nov 27, 2005