    Thanks for your help.

    With Regards,
    Stephen Regan.
    Stephen Regan, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Stephen Regan wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am planning to develop a small application that displays the details
    > of the active calls in a VoIP network and its QoS values. Obviously,
    > the details will be got from the RTCP packets.
    >
    > I am looking for a sniffer that decodes the RTCP packets from the
    > network and provide a human understandable information of the RTCP
    > header. As this is an individual project/product, I am looking for a
    > free/very cheap solution. A platform neutral solution would be an plus.
    > Any tools that you have come across?

    Take a look on Ethereal project. At least it is very good for debug
    purposes (not only RTCP but large family of protocols). I am not
    familiar with license of this product and can't say what exactly you can
    get from it as a 'brick' for your development.

    As for me i use it for a long time as good offline visualization tool
    (in conjunction with tcpdump) and i'm not trying its capture facility.

    --

    WBR,
    Roman Nikitchenko, http://smartgate.wtelecom.net
    Roman Nikitchenko, Feb 9, 2005