.RT REAL TEXT -type of file

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Åke Tyvi, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Åke Tyvi

    Åke Tyvi Guest

    ..RT REAL TEXT -type of file

    Hello!

    I was just wondering how come some of my text files have turned into REAL
    TEXT-type (.RT) files?

    Are there any known security threats in Real P(l)®ayer, since not so many
    text editing programs convert their files into .rt and could hackers use
    this program to snoop ones personal computer?

    When I click this text file it starts playing the title in the bar and shows
    the file content in a window. I would use such a gap, if I were a hacker or
    cracker, but unfortunately I am you enemy, wno do not dial 911.

    I know I am a bit paranoid about these things, but it would not be anything
    new to snoop things via music and video program connected to the Internet.

    Sincerely,

    Åke Tyvi
    Åke Tyvi, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Åke Tyvi

    Åke Tyvi Guest

    The extention may have shrik due to a ISO backup procedure, but I do not
    like even the possibility.

    "Åke Tyvi" <> kirjoitti
    viestissä:9iRCd.165$...

    Åke Tyvi, Jan 5, 2005