    Do I really want or need RSS? If so, why?

    Will the upcoming Firefox2 have integrated support for RSS feeds?

    Thanks!

    John, Aug 20, 2006

  2. John

    Neon Knight Guest

    "John <><" <> wrote in
    news:44e798c3$0$2815$:

    > Do I really want or need RSS? If so, why?

    I don't know, do you really want or need an enema? I'd say yes but only
    you can make that decision.

    Neon Knight, Aug 20, 2006

  3. John

    John Guest

    I'll admit I didn't phrase my question very well - I'll rephrase it:
    >I have been trying to read up a bit on RSS, but haven't really found too many
    >answers. Perhaps, this group can give me some hints:

    What is RSS, and what will it do for me?

    >I don't know, do you really want or need an enema? I'd say yes but only
    >you can make that decision.

    Thank you for trying to answer a question I certainly didn't ask.
    I'm assuming that this is your (only?) field of expertise.
    Can you explain to me how that answer ties in with RSS?

    Thanks!

    John <><

    John, Aug 21, 2006
  4. John

    gwtc Guest

    John <>< wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:12:12 -0500, Neon Knight <> wrote:
    >
    >> "John <><" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Do I really want or need RSS? If so, why?

    > I'll admit I didn't phrase my question very well - I'll rephrase it:
    >> I have been trying to read up a bit on RSS, but haven't really found too many
    >> answers. Perhaps, this group can give me some hints:

    > What is RSS, and what will it do for me?
    >>

    >> I don't know, do you really want or need an enema? I'd say yes but only
    >> you can make that decision.

    > Thank you for trying to answer a question I certainly didn't ask.
    > I'm assuming that this is your (only?) field of expertise.
    > Can you explain to me how that answer ties in with RSS?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > John <><

    RSS: lets see if I get it right. I'm sure someone will correct me.
    You sign up at, lets say CNN.com, and they email you the news
    headlines by the hour, and whatever one you want to view, you click on
    the link and off you go to CNN. An RSS feed is something similar, but
    everyone has gotton onto the bandwagon -- broadcasters, blogs, etc.

    If you want more then take a peek here:
    http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=RSS&method=2&gwp=13 and scroll
    on down a little.

    As for the other, do you really need it, again, as Neon said, its like
    an enama, only you know whether you need one or not.

    --
    Files From The Not To Swift Department . . .

    Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could
    have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half
    dozen nuggets. "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager
    at the counter. "You don't?" I asked. "We only have six, nine, or
    twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I
    can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six
    McNuggets.

    gwtc, Aug 21, 2006
  5. John

    Orbis Guest

    > Thank you for trying to answer a question I certainly didn't ask.
    > I'm assuming that this is your (only?) field of expertise.
    > Can you explain to me how that answer ties in with RSS?

    It was an analogy. You are asking someone else for an opinion
    on something only you can answer.

    Do you want or need an ice cream sundae?

    I don't know.

    Do you want or need RSS feeds?

    I don't know.

    Totally up to you.