    How do I subscribe or select in Firefox, but get them to
    open in Thunderbird?

    Dan

    Dan C, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Dan C wrote:
    > I want to have all RSS subscriptions open in Thunderbird. How do I
    > subscribe or select in Firefox, but get them to open in Thunderbird?
    >
    > Dan

    You don't, they are two separate applications. Use Firefox to get the
    feed url, then paste it into TB using Manage Subscriptions.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 14, 2006

  3. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> I want to have all RSS subscriptions open in Thunderbird. How do I
    >> subscribe or select in Firefox, but get them to open in Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> Dan

    > You don't, they are two separate applications. Use Firefox to get the
    > feed url, then paste it into TB using Manage Subscriptions.
    >
    > Lee

    Thank you, Lee.

    Dan

    Dan C, Nov 15, 2006
  4. Dan C wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:
    >>> I want to have all RSS subscriptions open in Thunderbird. How do I
    >>> subscribe or select in Firefox, but get them to open in Thunderbird?
    >>>
    >>> Dan

    >> You don't, they are two separate applications. Use Firefox to get the
    >> feed url, then paste it into TB using Manage Subscriptions.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Thank you, Lee.
    >
    > Dan

    I'm just sorry there wasn't a better answer.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 15, 2006
  5. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:

    >>> You don't, they are two separate applications. Use Firefox to get
    >>> the feed url, then paste it into TB using Manage Subscriptions.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Thank you, Lee.
    >>
    >> Dan

    > I'm just sorry there wasn't a better answer.
    >
    > Lee

    Actually, it was a good one; you answered my question. I
    knew I had to cut but did not know where to paste.

    Dan

    Dan C, Nov 16, 2006
  6. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> I want to have all RSS subscriptions open in Thunderbird. How do I
    >> subscribe or select in Firefox, but get them to open in Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> Dan

    > You don't, they are two separate applications. Use Firefox to get the
    > feed url, then paste it into TB using Manage Subscriptions.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee,

    Need some guidance. Example:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6149310.stm has an
    RSS "Add live bookmark for this pages feed" button lower
    right. Following through the drill, I end up with a
    subfolder under RSS Subscriptions in the bookmarks,"BBC
    News| etc.. This sub folder has a long list of url's for
    specific articles. If I cut and paste the url for the SUB
    FOLDER into Thunderbird's Manage Subscriptions, it
    produces the message "is not a valid RSS feed."

    So the question is, what is the procedure to utilize
    Thunderbird?

    Thanks again,

    Dan

    Dan C, Nov 18, 2006
  7. Dan C wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:
    >>> I want to have all RSS subscriptions open in Thunderbird. How do I
    >>> subscribe or select in Firefox, but get them to open in Thunderbird?
    >>>
    >>> Dan

    >> You don't, they are two separate applications. Use Firefox to get the
    >> feed url, then paste it into TB using Manage Subscriptions.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Lee,
    >
    > Need some guidance. Example:
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6149310.stm has an RSS "Add live
    > bookmark for this pages feed" button lower right. Following through the
    > drill, I end up with a subfolder under RSS Subscriptions in the
    > bookmarks,"BBC News| etc.. This sub folder has a long list of url's for
    > specific articles. If I cut and paste the url for the SUB FOLDER into
    > Thunderbird's Manage Subscriptions, it produces the message "is not a
    > valid RSS feed."
    >
    > So the question is, what is the procedure to utilize Thunderbird?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Dan

    Add the feed in FF. Bookmarks>>Manage Bookmarks (FF1.5) or
    Bookmarks>>Organize Bookmarks (FF2.0)

    In Bookmarks Manager, find the feed folder in the right pane. Right
    click and select Properties. The Properties window has the feed
    location. Copy it and paste it into the TB Manage Subscriptions window.

    If the page has a Subscribe link on it, you can right click on it and
    select Copy Link Location in order to paste it into TB, without the
    inconvenience of having to set a Live Bookmark in FF.

    Wouldn't it be nice if the FF 2.0 feeds subscription actually supported
    TB as an rss reader? It doesn't, so the above workaround is still needed.

    lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 18, 2006
  8. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:

    >>> You don't, they are two separate applications. Use Firefox to get
    >>> the feed url, then paste it into TB using Manage Subscriptions.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Lee,
    >>
    >> Need some guidance. Example:
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6149310.stm has an RSS "Add
    >> live bookmark for this pages feed" button lower right. Following
    >> through the drill, I end up with a subfolder under RSS Subscriptions
    >> in the bookmarks,"BBC News| etc.. This sub folder has a long list of
    >> url's for specific articles. If I cut and paste the url for the SUB
    >> FOLDER into Thunderbird's Manage Subscriptions, it produces the
    >> message "is not a valid RSS feed."
    >>
    >> So the question is, what is the procedure to utilize Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> Thanks again,
    >>
    >> Dan
    >>

    > Add the feed in FF. Bookmarks>>Manage Bookmarks (FF1.5) or
    > Bookmarks>>Organize Bookmarks (FF2.0)
    >
    > In Bookmarks Manager, find the feed folder in the right pane. Right
    > click and select Properties. The Properties window has the feed
    > location. Copy it and paste it into the TB Manage Subscriptions window.
    >
    > If the page has a Subscribe link on it, you can right click on it and
    > select Copy Link Location in order to paste it into TB, without the
    > inconvenience of having to set a Live Bookmark in FF.
    >
    > Wouldn't it be nice if the FF 2.0 feeds subscription actually supported
    > TB as an rss reader? It doesn't, so the above workaround is still needed.
    >
    > lee

    Well, that was easy! Yes it would be nice if FF supported
    TB as reader. Seems quite logical. I wonder why they did
    not do this.

    Thanks,

    Dan

    Dan C, Nov 18, 2006