rss & Mozilla

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by -=rjh=-, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    S Roby wrote:
    > I want to stard dowmloading RSS / Podcasts for my handheld
    > The Mozilla I tried plugin doesnt seem to work with the xml page.
    > Should I use a separate program for these??
    >
    > Any help here apreciated.

    For podcasts I'd recommend a dedicated podcast client.

    ipodder V2.1 (if you can find it) is open source, free, reliable and
    multiplatform. It later became Juice at V2.2 and no longer free (as I
    understand it, haven't checked my self).

    If you have iTunes, why not use that? You can add any feeds not in the
    iTunes directory manually.

    Podcasting is awesome, I listen to more music via podcast than by FM
    radio now.

    I don't know how PPC does it, but for RSS on my Palm I use
    Sunrise/Plucker which handles RSS feeds very well.

    S Roby, Jan 22, 2006

  3. "S Roby" <> wrote in message
    >I want to stard dowmloading RSS / Podcasts for my handheld
    > The Mozilla I tried plugin doesnt seem to work with the xml page.
    > Should I use a separate program for these??

    What handheld you have?

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Jan 22, 2006
  4. On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:31:03 +0000, S Roby wrote:

    > I want to stard dowmloading RSS / Podcasts for my handheld
    > The Mozilla I tried plugin doesnt seem to work with the xml page.
    > Should I use a separate program for these??
    >
    > Any help here apreciated.

    Track down a copy of the Firefox plugin "Sage". It is, IMHO, the perfect
    RSS reader.

    If you're wanting to download ogg or mp3 files, then all you need to do is
    to <right-click> with your mouse, and then select "save target as".

    Undeniably Sluttish

    --
    "Linux and MySQL are going to keep chipping away at Micro$ofts' install
    base and it is terrified. Why else would they keep spouting on about how

    Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Jan 22, 2006
  5. -=rjh=-

    S Roby Guest

    In article <43d3f10a$>, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <> wrote:
    >"S Roby" <> wrote in message
    >>I want to stard dowmloading RSS / Podcasts for my handheld
    >> The Mozilla I tried plugin doesnt seem to work with the xml page.
    >> Should I use a separate program for these??
    >>

    >What handheld you have?

    Ipaq.

    S Roby, Jan 23, 2006
  6. "S Roby" <> wrote in message
    > In article <43d3f10a$>, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
    > <> wrote:
    >>"S Roby" <> wrote in message
    >>>I want to stard dowmloading RSS / Podcasts for my handheld
    >>> The Mozilla I tried plugin doesnt seem to work with the xml page.
    >>> Should I use a separate program for these??
    >>>

    >>What handheld you have?
    >>

    > Ipaq.

    Unless you want to have a copy on your PC, you can download directly to your
    device - there are a few rss/podcast clients available for Windows Mobile

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Jan 23, 2006