RSS Feed Help

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by NewYorkBeating, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. Everytime I click on a RSS feed using Firefox, the page turns to this:

    This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

    -
    <rss version="0.91">
    -
    <channel>
    <title>BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition</title>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/default.stm
    </link>
    -
    <description>
    Updated every minute of every day - FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
    </description>
    <language>en-gb</language>
    <lastBuildDate>Mon, 18 Oct 04 01:37:48 GMT</lastBuildDate>
    -
    <copyright>
    Copyright: (C) British Broadcasting Corporation,
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3281849.stm
    </copyright>
    <docs>http://www.bbc.co.uk/syndication/</docs>
    -
    <image>
    <title>BBC News</title>
    -
    <url>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img/bbc_news_120x60.gif
    </url>
    <link>http://news.bbc.co.uk</link>
    </image>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Africa leaders seek Darfur peace</title>
    -
    <description>
    A summit of African leaders in Libya seeks a solution to the crisis in the
    Sudanese region of Darfur.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/africa/3751554.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Mbeki blamed over Haitian unrest</title>
    -
    <description>
    Haiti accuses South Africa of illegally allowing exile Jean-Bertrand
    Aristide to foment unrest in his homeland.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/americas/3751722.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Lukashenko wins poll under cloud</title>
    -
    <description>
    Vote-rigging allegations cloud a referendum in Belarus which President
    Lukashenko is said to have won easily.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/europe/3736312.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Sharon stands firm on Gaza plan</title>
    -
    <description>
    Israel's prime minister refuses to bow to angry settlers' demands for a vote
    on his Gaza withdrawal plan.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/middle_east/3751490.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Bomb blast shatters Baghdad cafe</title>
    -
    <description>
    A powerful explosion kills six and injures at least 20 at a cafe in Baghdad
    popular with Iraqi police officers.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/middle_east/3751642.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Warning on internet health advice</title>
    -
    <description>

    People with chronic disease should think twice before relying on the
    internet for health advice, research suggests.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/health/3746056.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Bush and Kerry woo Florida </title>
    -
    <description>
    George W Bush and John Kerry fight to win over voters in Florida, the US
    state which narrowly decided the 2000 polls.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/americas/3751606.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>EU meets on migrant camps</title>
    -
    <description>
    Key EU ministers begin talks in Florence on controversial plans for migrant
    holding centres outside Europe.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/europe/3750420.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Zimbabwe cleared over racism</title>
    -
    <description>
    An investigation finds no sign of racism in cricket in Zimbabwe and
    recommends restoring its Test status.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/3751148.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Cricket: Australia fight back</title>
    -
    <description>
    India are set 229 to square the series after Damien Martyn hits a superb 104
    on day four of the second Test.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/sport2/hi/cricket/3750760.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Golf: Els claims record win</title>
    -
    <description>
    Ernie Els clinches a record sixth World Match Play title with a 2&1 victory
    over Lee Westwood at Wentworth.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/sport2/hi/golf/3750898.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Splits feared in Anglican Church</title>
    -
    <description>
    A new report which aims to heal divisions over homosexuality in the Anglican
    Church is due out on Monday.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/uk_news/3751544.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Mugabe rival's acquittal 'accepted'</title>
    -
    <description>
    Zimbabwe's government says it accepts the opposition leader's treason
    acquittal, in an apparent change of view.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/africa/3750580.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>MoD denies US missiles set for UK</title>
    -
    <description>
    The Ministry of Defence denies reports a secret deal has been struck to
    allow the US to station missiles in the UK.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/uk_news/3750294.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>JFK's press secretary dies at 79</title>
    -
    <description>
    Pierre Salinger, who was press secretary to Presidents John F Kennedy and
    Lyndon Johnson, dies of a heart attack.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/americas/3750380.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Cleric faces charges over Bali</title>
    -
    <description>
    Indonesian cleric Abu Bakar Ba'asyir is charged with involvement in the 2002
    Bali bombings.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/3749392.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Former British envoy is suspended</title>
    -
    <description>
    A UK diplomat who was withdrawn as ambassador to Uzbekistan is suspended on
    full pay.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/uk_news/3750370.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>France mends fences with Israel</title>
    -
    <description>
    French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier vows to fight mounting anti-Semitism
    in his country while visiting Israel.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/europe/3751610.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Russia urges Iran nuclear action</title>
    -
    <description>
    Russia says Iran must do more to dispel international concerns about its
    nuclear programme.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/middle_east/3751210.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Jordan charges attacks suspects</title>
    -
    <description>
    Jordan charges 13 suspects -including Iraq's most wanted man - over alleged
    plots to attack Jordanian targets.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/middle_east/3751150.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Israelis in fresh Gaza incursion</title>
    -
    <description>
    Israeli troops enter the Rafah refugee camp in Gaza in a new attempt, they
    say, to stop weapons smuggling.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/middle_east/3750460.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Congress wins in key Indian state</title>
    -
    <description>
    India's ruling coalition wins a poll in the key state of Maharashtra, but
    needs minor parties' support to govern.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/south_asia/3747198.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Tamil Tigers reject peace plans</title>
    -
    <description>
    Sri Lanka's Tamil Tiger rebels dismiss new government proposals to restart
    peace talks.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/south_asia/3751558.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Plan to scrap GCSEs and A-levels</title>
    -
    <description>
    England's secondary schools should drop GCSEs and A-levels for a diploma, a
    report says, but reaction is mixed.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/uk_news/education/3751644.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Greenspan plays down oil burden</title>
    -
    <description>
    Fed chief Alan Greenspan says energy prices are not yet a major economic
    threat, as oil touches $55 a barrel in New York.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/business/3747892.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Weight ops linked to nerve damage</title>
    -
    <description>
    A significant number of patients who have their stomachs stapled develop
    nerve damage in their extremities, research has found.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/health/3744144.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>UK boost for biomass fuel crops</title>
    -
    <description>
    The UK government is stepping up efforts to stimulate the growing of crops
    for use in generating renewable energy.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/science/nature/3746554.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Dishes keeping the UK connected</title>
    -
    <description>
    The Goonhilly Earth Station in Cornwall is a key part of the global network
    that keeps us talking to each other.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/programmes/click_online/3744964.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    -
    <item>
    <title>Shrek musical bound for Broadway</title>
    -
    <description>
    American Beauty director Sam Mendes is to oversee a Broadway musical version
    of Shrek.
    </description>
    -
    <link>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/click/rss/0.91/public/-/2/hi/entertainment/3750758.stm
    </link>
    </item>
    </channel>
    </rss

    What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

    NewYorkBeating, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Hi!

    > Everytime I click on a RSS feed using Firefox, the page turns to this:

    > This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    > associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

    > What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

    You shouldn't click on a RSS file, because Firefox will just show the
    code. If you want to use the feed, create a new "Live Bookmark" using
    the bookmarks manager. Klick on File/New Live Bookmark and enter the
    address of the RSS feed. This feature is available since Firefox 1.0PR.

    Hope that this helped you a bit!

    Regards
    Grisu

    --
    http://grisumedia.de/?ref=alt.fan.mozilla

    Achim Schumacher, Oct 18, 2004

  3. i have version 0.9.3 and when i click on updates frpm the options menu it
    tells me none are available, when can i fin an update?

    NewYorkBeating, Oct 18, 2004
  4. NewYorkBeating

    Jack Elias Guest

    You can also look for the "Sage" extension, which gives you an
    integrated RSS reader

    Jack

    NewYorkBeating streamed these bits through the 'internets' around 18
    October 04 5:44 PM:

    Jack Elias, Oct 18, 2004
  5. ok, got the 1.0. still can't get an RSS feed. when i click on File, there is
    no option for New Live Bookmark..

    NewYorkBeating, Oct 18, 2004
  6. NewYorkBeating

    MLC Guest

    _NewYorkBeating_, martedì 19/ott/2004:

    > ok, got the 1.0. still can't get an RSS feed. when i click on File, there is
    > no option for New Live Bookmark..

    It is in the menu File of the Bookmarks Manager.
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 19/10/2004 9.45.19

    MLC, Oct 19, 2004