    the email feature; or subscribe to an RSS feed of my watchlist.

    Am I just looking in the wrong places, or do trademe not have any of
    this functionality yet?

    -=rjh=-, Dec 19, 2005

  2. -=rjh=-

    XPD Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can't find any RSS feeds functionality in Trademe - like, for instance,
    > being able to subscribe to an RSS feed of a saved search rather than use
    > the email feature; or subscribe to an RSS feed of my watchlist.
    >
    > Am I just looking in the wrong places, or do trademe not have any of this
    > functionality yet?

    Hehe seriously doubt they have it..... and if you email/ring to ask you'll
    probably get "RSS ? No we don't have anything to do with repetitive (sp)
    strain symptoms...."

    XPD, Dec 19, 2005

  3. "XPD" <....nz> wrote in message

    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >> Can't find any RSS feeds functionality in Trademe - like, for instance,
    >> being able to subscribe to an RSS feed of a saved search rather than use
    >> the email feature; or subscribe to an RSS feed of my watchlist.
    >>
    >> Am I just looking in the wrong places, or do trademe not have any of this
    >> functionality yet?

    > Hehe seriously doubt they have it..... and if you email/ring to ask you'll
    > probably get "RSS ? No we don't have anything to do with repetitive (sp)
    > strain symptoms...."

    Actually, Rod Drury (www.aftermail.com) has just joined the Trademe Board of
    Directors, and he gets RSS. So I would expect so type of web 2.0
    functionality (isn't this name an overhype in itself?)

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Dec 19, 2005
  4. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
    > "XPD" <....nz> wrote in message
    >
    >>"-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Can't find any RSS feeds functionality in Trademe - like, for instance,
    >>>being able to subscribe to an RSS feed of a saved search rather than use
    >>>the email feature; or subscribe to an RSS feed of my watchlist.
    >>>
    >>>Am I just looking in the wrong places, or do trademe not have any of this
    >>>functionality yet?

    >>Hehe seriously doubt they have it..... and if you email/ring to ask you'll
    >>probably get "RSS ? No we don't have anything to do with repetitive (sp)
    >>strain symptoms...."
    >>

    > Actually, Rod Drury (www.aftermail.com) has just joined the Trademe Board of
    > Directors, and he gets RSS.

    He certainly does - not only does aftermail.com have an RSS feed on
    their site, they even have a podcast series. A great idea.

    So I would expect so type of web 2.0
    > functionality (isn't this name an overhype in itself?)

    The name is terrible, but the technology is producing some amazing
    functionality, lots of new stuff happening nearly every week.

    I can't see how Trademe couldn't benefit from RSS, it would allow people
    to see activity on their watchlist in near realtime, and feeds could
    be displayed on websites, which I'm sure would drive traffic to Trademe.

    Plus, since there are so many members, it would expose more of the
    public to the benefits of RSS.

    -=rjh=-, Dec 19, 2005