RSPAN - TCPDUMP Linux

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by udo, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. udo

    udo Guest

    Hi,

    first I'm new to configure rspan.
    In a given environment I tried to monitor 2 ports on switch X to
    switch y.
    I configure a unique vlan called rspan (#300).

    Is it possible to monitor on a linux box with tcpdump on the
    destination port ?

    - config on sw x:
    monitor session 1 source interface fa0/1 both
    monitor session 1 source interface fa0/2 both
    monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 300 reflector-port (is this
    the port where my linux box is ??) 0/7 (on the remote switch)

    - config on sw y
    montior session 1 source remote vlan 300
    monitor session 1 destination interface <linux port ??>

    actual i'm not sure if this works...;-(

    thanks

    udo
    udo, Dec 11, 2003