    your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any ideas how to
    prevent this.?
    Thank you.
    fokker, Sep 10, 2003

  2. It looks as the "MSBLAST" virus.

    Rejean

    Réjean Dutil, Sep 10, 2003

  3. fokker

    trout Guest

    fokker wrote:

    > I think it is a virus on my computer but im not to sure. What happens
    > is that when i disable my firewall to run certain programs and
    > webpages, i get this error message after 10 mins of my firewall being
    > disabled. (RPC)Remote Procedure Call has an unexpected error and will
    > now close. your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any
    > ideas how to prevent this.?
    > Thank you.

    A couple of the usual suspects:

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026
    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp>

    What you should know about the Blaster worm
    <http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp>
    --
    "Welcome to Earth. Enjoy your visit."
    trout, Sep 10, 2003
  4. You have the MSBlaster virus, For further instructions Goto
    http://www.freeserve.com/help/id/61...topItem&article=VIRUS_latestupdates#section_2

    Miss Louise Kostewicz, Sep 10, 2003
  5. http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster

    --

    Rob Burghdoff
    HelpDesk Lead
    Rob Burghdoff, Sep 10, 2003
  6. fokker

    Fokker Guest

    "Rob Burghdoff" <> wrote in

    > http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster

    Thank you so much for all your replys and help. But i still have a
    problem. I read up on the websites that i got urls for, and dloaded
    the patch to fix the flaw in windows os, plus the symatec program
    that is to remove the worm. But after doing everything exactly as the
    instructions on the website says to, and installing the patch and
    searching for the virus with the blast removal program, i recieve the
    message that it could not find the MSBLAST virus. Is there not any
    chance that there are registry entries from the virus and someone may
    know them. If so would it not be possible to tell me them. It would
    be so helpful to know, because this would tell me if i did infact
    have the virus.
    Thank you
    Fokker, Sep 11, 2003
  7. fokker

    trout Guest

    Fokker wrote:

    > "Rob Burghdoff" <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster
    >>

    > Thank you so much for all your replys and help. But i still have a
    > problem. I read up on the websites that i got urls for, and dloaded
    > the patch to fix the flaw in windows os, plus the symatec program
    > that is to remove the worm. But after doing everything exactly as the
    > instructions on the website says to, and installing the patch and
    > searching for the virus with the blast removal program, i recieve the
    > message that it could not find the MSBLAST virus. Is there not any
    > chance that there are registry entries from the virus and someone may
    > know them. If so would it not be possible to tell me them. It would
    > be so helpful to know, because this would tell me if i did infact
    > have the virus.
    > Thank you

    It could be a variant; or just something similar. You still haven't
    mentioned *which* OS you are using, which might narrow it down. At any
    rate, I assume you've downloaded all security patches for your system?
    You also don't mention which regular (if any!) anti-virus program
    you use. You could check your findings with an on-line scan:
    <http://housecall.antivirus.com/>
    --
    "Good luck."
    trout, Sep 11, 2003
  8. fokker

    Fokker Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in news:bjodgs$khvv4$1@ID-
    179272.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Fokker wrote:
    >
    >> "Rob Burghdoff" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster
    >>>

    >> Thank you so much for all your replys and help. But i still have a
    >> problem. I read up on the websites that i got urls for, and

    dloaded
    >> the patch to fix the flaw in windows os, plus the symatec program
    >> that is to remove the worm. But after doing everything exactly as

    the
    >> instructions on the website says to, and installing the patch and
    >> searching for the virus with the blast removal program, i recieve

    the
    >> message that it could not find the MSBLAST virus. Is there not any
    >> chance that there are registry entries from the virus and someone

    may
    >> know them. If so would it not be possible to tell me them. It

    would
    >> be so helpful to know, because this would tell me if i did infact
    >> have the virus.
    >> Thank you

    > It could be a variant; or just something similar. You still

    haven't
    > mentioned *which* OS you are using, which might narrow it down. At

    any
    > rate, I assume you've downloaded all security patches for your

    system?
    > You also don't mention which regular (if any!) anti-virus

    program
    > you use. You could check your findings with an on-line scan:
    > <http://housecall.antivirus.com/>

    Thank you for your help, and sorry for not giving enough detail, but
    im running norton av 2003 on windows xp with norton personal firewall
    aswell.
    Fokker, Sep 11, 2003