    again, so I won't be attending.

    I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.
    Whisky-dave, Apr 19, 2011

  2. Whisky-dave

    Bruce Guest

    "Russell D." <> wrote:
    >Tony wrote:
    >> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
    >>> above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
    >>> primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
    >>> again, so I won't be attending.

    >> You just wondered?!! You really aught to get out more. Meet and socialize
    >> with real people. Photos! I'll wait for the divorce!
    >>
    >>> I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    >>> probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

    >> I have been associating with citizens of the USA since I worked in
    >> Bentwaters in the 1960's. I have always found Americans strange in one way
    >> or another.

    ><Garbage snipped>
    >
    >Yup, every citizen of the US is just as you described.
    >
    >Good grief.

    No, the USA is surely the world's greatest collection of peace-loving,
    sane, sensible people:

    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689438/pg3
    Bruce, Apr 19, 2011

  3. On 4/19/11 PDT 2:28 PM, Bruce wrote:
    > "Russell D."<> wrote:
    >> Tony wrote:

    >>> You just wondered?!! You really aught to get out more. Meet and socialize
    >>> with real people. Photos! I'll wait for the divorce!

    >>> I have been associating with citizens of the USA since I worked in
    >>> Bentwaters in the 1960's. I have always found Americans strange in one way
    >>> or another.

    >> <Garbage snipped>
    >>
    >> Yup, every citizen of the US is just as you described.
    >>
    >> Good grief.

    > No, the USA is surely the world's greatest collection of peace-loving,
    > sane, sensible people:
    >
    > http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689438/pg3

    Not reading links, but xenophobia is alive, it's alive!

    There are more than enough dolts in any given country, except perhaps
    Moravia, to go around and then some.
    John McWilliams, Apr 19, 2011
  4. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Apr 20, 2:37 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    > On 4/19/2011 9:04 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
    >
    > >   Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
    > > above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
    > > primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
    > > again, so I won't be attending.

    > > I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    > > probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

    > I got my invite, but honestly, I've never tasted any good food in
    > England, so I'll pass.

    We do have some good food, and we're closer to good food than most of
    the USA appears to be.

    > Seriously, why would anyone go to see yet another
    > inbred freak married except for the food and drink?

    I can think of loads of reasons why, but not many good ones. There's
    is a chance of getting a 'good' or rather a commercial
    photo with a long lens and luck. Some like the thought of saying I was
    there on that day.
    Now which country or perhaps who has spent $3 million on a Kate a
    Wills film.
    I heard it was shown a couple of days ago on the lifestyle channel,
    I've heard it's not very good, so anyone seen this ?

    Whisky-dave, Apr 20, 2011
  5. On 4/20/11 9:49 PM, rwalker wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
    >> above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
    >> primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
    >> again, so I won't be attending.
    >>
    >> I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    >> probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

    > Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
    > strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
    > royalty.

    Well, "we" didn't. Not even close. Perhaps some of our GGGG Grandfathers
    did.
    Royalty is different from you and me. Always has been, always will be.
    John McWilliams, Apr 21, 2011
  6. Whisky-dave

    Bruce Guest

    rwalker <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
    >>above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
    >>primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
    >>again, so I won't be attending.
    >>
    >>I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    >>probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

    >Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
    >strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
    >royalty.

    I thought the revolution was fought against British tax collectors.

    I kind of wish the revolution had failed, because then the British tax
    collectors wouldn't be soaking me (and other British citizens) for
    every penny we have - and then some. ;-)
    Bruce, Apr 21, 2011
  7. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Apr 20, 4:26 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2011-04-20 08:14:44 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:

    > >> I got my invite, but honestly, I've never tasted any good food in
    > >> England, so I'll pass.

    > > We do have some good food, and we're closer to good food than most of
    > > the USA appears to be.

    > >> Seriously, why would anyone go to see yet another
    > >> inbred freak married except for the food and drink?

    > > I can think of loads of reasons why, but not many good ones. There's
    > > is a chance of getting a 'good' or rather a commercial
    > > photo with a long lens and luck. Some like the thought of saying I was
    > > there on that day.
    > > Now which country or perhaps who has spent $3 million on a Kate a
    > > Wills film.
    > > I heard it was shown a couple of days ago on the lifestyle channel,
    > > I've heard it's not very good, so anyone seen this ?

    > >> ;-)

    > Do you mean this?
    > <http://machronicles.com/2011/04/19/kate-and-williams-royal-wedding-sp...

    Well that's more like it :)
    Whisky-dave, Apr 21, 2011
  8. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Apr 21, 7:28 am, John McWilliams <> wrote:
    > On 4/20/11 9:49 PM, rwalker wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    > > <>  wrote:

    > >> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
    > >> above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
    > >> primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
    > >> again, so I won't be attending.

    > >> I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    > >> probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

    > > Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
    > > strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
    > > royalty.

    > Well, "we" didn't. Not even close. Perhaps some of our GGGG Grandfathers
    > did.
    > Royalty is different from you and me. Always has been, always will be.

    I guess that's what makes it interesting that none of us will get the
    same attention should we get married.
    I wonder if Wills had been gay if a Royal Civil Partnership would have
    happened.
    I even had to look up what confirmation meant with regards to Kate...
    or it is Christine...
    Whisky-dave, Apr 21, 2011
  9. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Apr 21, 10:10 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > rwalker <> wrote:
    > >On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    > ><> wrote:

    > >> Just wondering if anyone here is planing on taking pictures of the
    > >>above or maybe you know someone that's actually coming to London
    > >>primarily for the event. My invitation has been lost in the post,
    > >>again, so I won't be attending.

    > >>I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    > >>probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

    > >Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
    > >strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
    > >royalty.

    > I thought the revolution was fought against British tax collectors.

    yes I think it was, or rather they could collect their own taxes and
    not send
    the money to use the B'stards :)

    > I kind of wish the revolution had failed, because then the British tax
    > collectors wouldn't be soaking me (and other British citizens) for
    > every penny we have - and then some.  ;-)

    Too bloody right, they are just an outpost of the British Isles and
    should pay their taxes to the government :)
    Whisky-dave, Apr 21, 2011
  10. On 4/21/11 2:57 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
    > On Apr 21, 10:10 am, Bruce<> wrote:
    >> rwalker<> wrote:

    >>> Considering we fought a revolution against the British monarchy, it is
    >>> strange the number of Americans that are fascinated with British
    >>> royalty.

    >> I thought the revolution was fought against British tax collectors.

    > yes I think it was, or rather they could collect their own taxes and
    > not send
    > the money to use the B'stards :)
    >

    >> I kind of wish the revolution had failed, because then the British tax
    >> collectors wouldn't be soaking me (and other British citizens) for
    >> every penny we have - and then some. ;-)

    > Too bloody right, they are just an outpost of the British Isles and
    > should pay their taxes to the government :)

    Well, there was the Great War, and then another quite large conflict a
    quarter century later......... so we saved you blokes from having to
    learn German.......not a lot of thanks for that.....
    John McWilliams, Apr 22, 2011
  11. Whisky-dave

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:14:44 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
    <> wrote:

    >> > I still find it strange that America is so interested in this and
    >> > probbaly more than most Brits, but maybe thats a media exaggeration.

    >> I got my invite, but honestly, I've never tasted any good food in
    >> England, so I'll pass.

    >We do have some good food, and we're closer to good food than most of
    >the USA appears to be.

    I think that's far too broad a brush. When the availability of "good
    food" in a different country is discussed, it's usually discussed from
    the viewpoint of a tourist to that country.

    Tourists don't know where to find "good food". In the US, it's much
    harder to find for tourists because they see mostly fast food joints
    and chains like Denny's.

    On our first trip to the UK in 1969, we decided that the last thing
    we'd want to take back home as a souvenir was a British cook book. No
    Mrs Beeton's. Except for the fish and chips, everything was
    over-cooked, under-spiced, mushy, and tasteless. But, we didn't know
    where to go to eat, so we ended up in places even the British might
    avoid.

    The worst thing was what the English called salad: limp green leaves
    of something with some salad dressing (mayo) on top. I'm a salad
    eater, and I longed for a good salad.

    I did first taste curried food in a Lyons Tea Shop on Trafalger
    Square, or maybe it was some other square. A multi-floored
    restaurant. I had never seen an Indian restaurant in Chicago at the
    time.

    On subsequent trips to the UK I found more and more continental
    cuisine restaurants. It's far easier to find continental cuisine in
    the UK than it is in the US unless you live in NYC or LA or summat.
    We have upscale restaurants that specialize in some type of
    continental food, but we don't eat upscale every day.

    In fact, we ate very little "English" food in England last trip except
    for breakfasts (we're B&B people), some pub grub, and the fish and
    chips (which you do *so* much better).

    I'm not even sure what English food is anymore. Baps and vindaloo?
    The only British restaurant that I know of has fake beams and serving
    wenches in a DisneyWorld replica.

    Best meal I had in England? At the Box Tree in Ilkey. Second best
    was some moussaka in a pub near Stonehenge.

    When the relatives from Ireland come to visit, and we eat out, I take
    them to a barbecue joint where you eat outside at picnic tables or to
    a catfish fish overlooking the St John's River. They love both.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Apr 22, 2011
  12. Whisky-dave

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 04:08:39 -0400, rwalker <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >>Royalty is different from you and me. Always has been, always will be.

    > Yep, they've got loads of money (which they didn't earn).

    No, their ancestors did, and managed to keep it.

    And if you think that beating a bunch of recalcitrant barons' heads
    together to get them all pointed in the same direction isn't earning it,
    well, think about it some more.
    J. Clarke, Apr 23, 2011
  13. Whisky-dave

    PeterN Guest

    On 4/19/2011 5:44 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
    > On 4/19/11 PDT 2:28 PM, Bruce wrote:

    >>> <Garbage snipped>
    >>>
    >>> Yup, every citizen of the US is just as you described.
    >>>
    >>> Good grief.

    >> No, the USA is surely the world's greatest collection of peace-loving,
    >> sane, sensible people:
    >>
    >> http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689438/pg3

    > Not reading links, but xenophobia is alive, it's alive!
    >
    > There are more than enough dolts in any given country, except perhaps
    > Moravia, to go around and then some.

    Including some camera clerks, who think they know everything.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Apr 23, 2011
  14. Whisky-dave

    John Turco Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > >> <Garbage snipped>
    > >>
    > >> Yup, every citizen of the US is just as you described.
    > >>
    > >> Good grief.

    > > No, the USA is surely the world's greatest collection of peace-loving,
    > > sane, sensible people:
    > >
    > > http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689438/pg3

    > Not reading links, but xenophobia is alive, it's alive!
    >
    > There are more than enough dolts in any given country, except perhaps
    > Moravia, to go around and then some.

    Are you among those "dolts" in question, John? It seems you've missed
    the fact that "Tony" (who's one of a specific British prankster's "sock
    puppets") had set the "followup" to <news:uk.rec.ufo>...as he's often
    wont to do.

    Several other posters [including "Bruce" (a different UK troll)] were
    fooled, also.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>