    Thanks.

    JJ
    , Dec 16, 2003

  2. Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 16, 2003

  3. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
    > can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > JJ

    Check here http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1895.html, it's all
    bad.
    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 17, 2003
  4. jav Guest

    If you're going to buy mailorder, use one of the following:

    www.bhphoto.com
    www.adorama.com

    jav, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Scroobie Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:55:48 GMT, wrote:

    >Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
    >can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >JJ

    Yes, I've had some dealings with them. I wound up with what I wanted,
    but not before having to return some unordered items they packed in
    together with the camera (and charged for of course). What they sell
    is mostly grey-market camera goods, and that's not necessarily
    bad--even B&H does this. But if Royal could be more forthright about
    what they're selling and stop their screw-the-customer practices, I
    think the reputation they presently have would improve considerably.
    As it is, they're probably best considered to be of the Broadway
    Camera ilk and avoided unless you're needing a learning experience.
    Scroobie, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Don Wiss Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:55:48 GMT, wrote:

    >Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
    >can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.

    Check them out here: http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0009.htm

    And as they use three names, be sure to check out all three at
    resellerratings.com (and 2 entries for one). The others:

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
    Don Wiss, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
    > can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > JJ

    Royal ripoff.

    --
    __________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Dec 17, 2003
  8. "Todd Walker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Anyone know anything about Royal Camera (royalcamera.com) in NY? I
    > > can't find any reviews or feedback at the usual sites.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > JJ
    > >

    > Royal ripoff.

    Very succinct, you've said it all.
    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 18, 2003
  9. sde Guest

    Sorry to spoil the fun but.

    I live in Sydney, AUSTRALIA and bought a Nikon 5700 from Royal Camera about
    8 months ago.
    Except for a stuff up with Aussie Customs, I received what I had ordered
    (grey market though - 'made in Japan').

    Other than that I didn't have any problems.
    I'm sorry to hear about everyone else.

    Ian.K

    sde, Jan 7, 2004