    Royal Camera a honest business?
    Thinking about getting a Cannon 20D there but I dont want to be ripped off.
    Thanks

    JRYezierski, Dec 24, 2005

  2. JRYezierski

    Al Dykes Guest

    In article <Ztfrf.2558$>,
    JRYezierski <> wrote:
    >Royal Camera a honest business?
    >Thinking about getting a Cannon 20D there but I dont want to be ripped off.
    >Thanks

    If this is you dealer it doesn't look good;

    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1895-p2-s1-d1.html

    (Where do people find these outfits????)

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    Al Dykes, Dec 24, 2005

  3. JRYezierski

    Steve L Guest

    I've heard nothing but bad about them.

    Interesting note: I know a few people who have recently gotten Dell, of
    all places, to pricematch Royal Camera's web prices. Specifically, a Nikon
    D50 kit with the 18-55mm lens, for $485.

    Steve L, Dec 24, 2005
  4. JRYezierski

    No Sale Guest

    Realize is a vast majority of the companies on the internet do the
    "bate and switch" marketing.

    A $1,000 camera they are selling for $600. You have to call on
    confirm your order and they make you pay $500 for a $100 memory card.
    $300 for a $20 camera bag etc.....if the deal is too good to be true.

    Where you want to go is here:
    http://tinyurl.com/a5amb
    the #1 most reputable, honest, best legal price you can get.

    Ratings here:
    9.5 out of 10.
    That sure beats Roay Camera at 1.4 out of 10

    No Sale, Dec 24, 2005
  5. JRYezierski

    Tony Guest

    If you don't want to be ripped off con't buy from rip-offs like Royal.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Dec 24, 2005
  6. JRYezierski

    PTravel Guest

    "No Sale" <> wrote in message
    > Realize is a vast majority of the companies on the internet do the
    > "bate and switch" marketing.
    >
    > A $1,000 camera they are selling for $600. You have to call on
    > confirm your order and they make you pay $500 for a $100 memory card.
    > $300 for a $20 camera bag etc.....if the deal is too good to be true.
    >
    > Where you want to go is here:
    > http://tinyurl.com/a5amb
    > the #1 most reputable, honest, best legal price you can get.

    For anyone who doesn't want to click on the link, it leads to B&H. And I
    absolutely concur -- they are, by far, the most ethical and reputable camera
    dealers, both on-line and brick-and-mortar. Their prices are very good, but
    will not be as low as the absolute lowest you'll find, but the ones who
    claim to beat them are almost exclusively the bait-and-switch scum that have
    made resellerratings.com a vital resource.

    PTravel, Dec 24, 2005
  7. JRYezierski

    pboch Guest

    Bought mine from Wilber, he stands on the corner of 37th and Broad...Keeps
    them in his truck..Very good price.

    --
    _________________
    Patrick/g

    pboch, Dec 24, 2005
  8. JRYezierski

    Steven Wandy Guest

    > Bought mine from Wilber, he stands on the corner of 37th and Broad...Keeps
    > them in his truck..Very good price.

    Which corner??? I tried to find him yesterday. :)

    Steven Wandy, Dec 24, 2005
  9. JRYezierski

    Rich Guest

    On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:56:25 GMT, "pboch" <>
    wrote:

    >Bought mine from Wilber, he stands on the corner of 37th and Broad...Keeps
    >them in his truck..Very good price.

    Trying to chisel $20 off on $500 products is what allowed the creation
    and growth of abominations like Walmart.
    And anyone who spends any amount of time wandering around the internet
    in search such "savings" should ask themselves, "Is my time worth
    nothing?"
    -Rich

    Rich, Dec 25, 2005
  10. JRYezierski

    Mark² Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:56:25 GMT, "pboch" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Bought mine from Wilber, he stands on the corner of 37th and
    >> Broad...Keeps them in his truck..Very good price.

    > Trying to chisel $20 off on $500 products is what allowed the creation
    > and growth of abominations like Walmart.
    > And anyone who spends any amount of time wandering around the internet
    > in search such "savings" should ask themselves, "Is my time worth
    > nothing?"

    Or..
    "Is my money worth nothing?"
    :)
    At many of these scam shops, you often discover that your money is indeed
    worth...nothing, since nothing is what they send to you.
    :(

    Mark², Dec 25, 2005
  11. In article <Ztfrf.2558$>, JRYezierski
    <> wrote:

    > Royal Camera a honest business?
    > Thinking about getting a Cannon 20D there but I dont want to be ripped off.
    > Thanks

    Not even close. I have been personally been ripped of by one of their
    "aliases", CCI. There is NO WAY you will EVER come out of dealing with
    them with a whole skin.

    Scott Schuckert, Dec 25, 2005
  12. JRYezierski

    DFS Guest

    >> Bought mine from Wilber, he stands on the corner of 37th and
    >> Broad...Keeps
    >> them in his truck..Very good price.
    >>

    > Which corner??? I tried to find him yesterday. :)

    Must have been too late in the afternoon - they quit early on Saturday to
    receive divine guidance on how to screw people the following week.

    fdsageptd

    DFS, Dec 25, 2005
  13. JRYezierski

    LoLo Guest

    Thanks for this tip. dell.com no longer has the D50 kit showing on the web
    site
    It took a half hour of talking and explaining but I got the Dell phone sales
    lady from India to look at Royalcamera.com - they would not meet their $485
    price but came within $25 of it so I ordered it. Dell took the order; I'm
    hoping they don't back out.

    I did have to spend another half hour finding out how to get into an IM chat
    to get the order corrected - first Indian mangled my address, second one got
    it right since I typed it in.

    LoLo, Dec 26, 2005
  14. JRYezierski

    Bob Guest