Roxo refuses to let go

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jul 1, 2007.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    operating system is windows xp home.

    I am totally pissed off at Roxio. I bought the easy CD creator 6 to
    use as a burner on my laptop. Using their so called "remove" tool left
    bunches of files on the machine and those I had to remove manually.

    Now another new problem has cropped up. After going into MSCONFG and
    unchecking the roxio items in the startup tab, windows explorer now
    has hiccups.

    That is, clicking on "file" in the main menu greets me with 3 attempts
    to install the software.
    As does right clicking on a folder in the left pane.
    In control panel under "add/remove" I am shown that the program still
    exists and removing it is not an option. Instead it shows "frequency
    of use".
    "Easy cleaner" was run and it showed a list of files that were
    apparently still on the machine. A second run after reboot showed the
    items had been removed.
    However, an entry still remains in control panel.

    In Regedit searching for "roxio", I got tired of counting hits after
    100.

    Anyone got a sure fire way of getting rid of this stuff once and for
    all?

    richard, Jul 1, 2007

  2. richard aka ,after much thought,came up with
    this jewel:

    > operating system is windows xp home.
    >
    > I am totally pissed off at Roxio. I bought the easy CD creator 6 to
    > use as a burner on my laptop. Using their so called "remove" tool left
    > bunches of files on the machine and those I had to remove manually.
    >
    > Now another new problem has cropped up. After going into MSCONFG and
    > unchecking the roxio items in the startup tab, windows explorer now
    > has hiccups.
    >
    > That is, clicking on "file" in the main menu greets me with 3 attempts
    > to install the software.
    > As does right clicking on a folder in the left pane.
    > In control panel under "add/remove" I am shown that the program still
    > exists and removing it is not an option. Instead it shows "frequency
    > of use".
    > "Easy cleaner" was run and it showed a list of files that were
    > apparently still on the machine. A second run after reboot showed the
    > items had been removed.
    > However, an entry still remains in control panel.
    >
    > In Regedit searching for "roxio", I got tired of counting hits after
    > 100.
    >
    > Anyone got a sure fire way of getting rid of this stuff once and for
    > all?

    have you tried google?
    remove roxio software 383,000 results
    max
    --
    My Pages:
    Virus Removal Instructions:

    Maximus the mad, Jul 1, 2007

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Jun 30, 9:19 pm, "Maximus the mad" <>
    wrote:
    > richard aka ,after much thought,came up with
    > this jewel:
    >

    > > operating system is windows xp home.

    > > I am totally pissed off at Roxio. I bought the easy CD creator 6 to
    > > use as a burner on my laptop. Using their so called "remove" tool left
    > > bunches of files on the machine and those I had to remove manually.

    > > Now another new problem has cropped up. After going into MSCONFG and
    > > unchecking the roxio items in the startup tab, windows explorer now
    > > has hiccups.

    > > That is, clicking on "file" in the main menu greets me with 3 attempts
    > > to install the software.
    > > As does right clicking on a folder in the left pane.
    > > In control panel under "add/remove" I am shown that the program still
    > > exists and removing it is not an option. Instead it shows "frequency
    > > of use".
    > > "Easy cleaner" was run and it showed a list of files that were
    > > apparently still on the machine. A second run after reboot showed the
    > > items had been removed.
    > > However, an entry still remains in control panel.

    > > In Regedit searching for "roxio", I got tired of counting hits after
    > > 100.

    > > Anyone got a sure fire way of getting rid of this stuff once and for
    > > all?

    > have you tried google?
    > remove roxio software 383,000 results
    > max
    > --
    > My Pages:
    > Virus Removal Instructions:http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/removal.html
    > Keeping Windows Clean:http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/keepingclean.html
    > Tools:http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/tools.html
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply. nomail.afraid.org is
    > specifically setup for USENET.Feel free to use it yourself.
    > Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    Do you know how google works? Each word you enter as a search term is
    sought out. Not the phrase.
    I don't rely on google for searching when 3 common words appear on
    zillions of websites.

    But I did try the roxio website and found some useful information.
    Seems there were some entries in the registry that needed to be
    removed.

    One of my all time standing pet peeves is that of ASS-A-NINE
    programmers who put all this crap on our machines and then won't write
    the needed programs to remove the shit when we don't want it. So far
    I've manually cleared out over 300 registry entries and not even
    halfway through.

    When did my machine become their property?

    richard, Jul 1, 2007
  4. richard

    Plato Guest

    richard wrote:

    > When did my machine become their property?

    When you agreed to the EULA without reading it...

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 1, 2007
  5. On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:54:47 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Do you know how google works? Each word you enter as a search term is
    > sought out. Not the phrase.

    Have you tried putting the "search string" into quotes?

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 1, 2007
  6. richard

    Premier Guest

    1/07/2007 6:29:47 PM
    Maximus the mad <> wrote in message
    <>

    > richard aka ,after much thought,came up with
    > this jewel:
    >
    > > operating system is windows xp home.
    > >
    > > I am totally pissed off at Roxio. I bought the easy CD creator 6

    > > use as a burner on my laptop. Using their so called "remove" tool

    left
    > > bunches of files on the machine and those I had to remove

    manually.

    > > Now another new problem has cropped up. After going into MSCONFG

    and
    > > unchecking the roxio items in the startup tab, windows explorer

    now
    > > has hiccups.
    > >
    > > That is, clicking on "file" in the main menu greets me with 3

    attempts
    > > to install the software.
    > > As does right clicking on a folder in the left pane.
    > > In control panel under "add/remove" I am shown that the program

    still
    > > exists and removing it is not an option. Instead it shows

    "frequency
    > > of use".
    > > "Easy cleaner" was run and it showed a list of files that were
    > > apparently still on the machine. A second run after reboot showed

    the
    > > items had been removed.
    > > However, an entry still remains in control panel.
    > >
    > > In Regedit searching for "roxio", I got tired of counting hits

    after
    > > 100.
    > >
    > > Anyone got a sure fire way of getting rid of this stuff once and

    for
    > > all?

    > have you tried google?
    > remove roxio software 383,000 results
    > max
    > --
    > My Pages:
    > Virus Removal Instructions:
    > http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/removal.html
    > Keeping Windows Clean:
    > http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/keepingclean.html
    > Tools: http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/tools.html
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply. nomail.afraid.org

    is
    > specifically setup for USENET.Feel free to use it yourself.
    > Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    Is it necessary to tell someone to Google their query...?

    Premier, Jul 1, 2007
  7. richard

    ded Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > operating system is windows xp home.
    >
    > I am totally pissed off at Roxio. >snipped

    Roxio is a mainstream software brand, and they are seemingly aware
    of the problem you have. They have supplied a tool for fully removing
    all instances of their software, the software is roxizap:
    http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

    Found on their support site quicker than it took to read your long
    rant of a post....

    ded, Jul 1, 2007
  8. richard

    ded Guest

    "ded" <> wrote in message

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >> operating system is windows xp home.
    >>
    >> I am totally pissed off at Roxio. >snipped

    > Roxio is a mainstream software brand, and they are seemingly aware
    > of the problem you have. They have supplied a tool for fully removing
    > all instances of their software, the software is roxizap:
    > http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe
    >
    > Found on their support site quicker than it took to read your long
    > rant of a post....

    And of course there is the MS tool you can also try:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

    ded, Jul 1, 2007
  9. richard

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "ded" <> wrote in message

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >> operating system is windows xp home.
    >>
    >> I am totally pissed off at Roxio. >snipped

    > Roxio is a mainstream software brand, and they are seemingly aware
    > of the problem you have. They have supplied a tool for fully removing
    > all instances of their software, the software is roxizap:
    > http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe
    >
    > Found on their support site quicker than it took to read your long
    > rant of a post....

    LOL! Gotta love it...

    WhzzKdd, Jul 1, 2007
  10. Premier aka ,after much thought,came up with
    this jewel:

    > 1/07/2007 6:29:47 PM
    > Maximus the mad <> wrote in message
    > <>
    >
    > > richard aka ,after much thought,came up with
    > > this jewel:
    > >
    > > > operating system is windows xp home.
    > > >
    > > > I am totally pissed off at Roxio. I bought the easy CD creator 6

    > > > use as a burner on my laptop. Using their so called "remove" tool

    > left
    > > > bunches of files on the machine and those I had to remove

    > manually.
    > > >
    > > > Now another new problem has cropped up. After going into MSCONFG

    > and
    > > > unchecking the roxio items in the startup tab, windows explorer

    > now
    > > > has hiccups.
    > > >
    > > > That is, clicking on "file" in the main menu greets me with 3

    > attempts
    > > > to install the software.
    > > > As does right clicking on a folder in the left pane.
    > > > In control panel under "add/remove" I am shown that the program

    > still
    > > > exists and removing it is not an option. Instead it shows

    > "frequency
    > > > of use".
    > > > "Easy cleaner" was run and it showed a list of files that were
    > > > apparently still on the machine. A second run after reboot showed

    > the
    > > > items had been removed.
    > > > However, an entry still remains in control panel.
    > > >
    > > > In Regedit searching for "roxio", I got tired of counting hits

    > after
    > > > 100.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone got a sure fire way of getting rid of this stuff once and

    > for
    > > > all?

    > > have you tried google?
    > > remove roxio software 383,000 results
    > > max
    > > --
    > > My Pages:
    > > Virus Removal Instructions:
    > > http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/removal.html
    > > Keeping Windows Clean:
    > > http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/keepingclean.html
    > > Tools: http://www.freespaces.com/maxwachtel/tools.html
    > > Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply. nomail.afraid.org

    > is
    > > specifically setup for USENET.Feel free to use it yourself.
    > > Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    > Is it necessary to tell someone to Google their query...?

    You should google for "properly setup newsreader".

    max

    Maximus the mad, Jul 1, 2007
  11. Premier aka ,after much thought,came up with
    this jewel:

    > 1/07/2007 6:29:47 PM
    > Maximus the mad <> wrote in message
    > <>
    >
    > > richard aka ,after much thought,came up with
    > > this jewel:

    > SNIP <

    > > > Anyone got a sure fire way of getting rid of this stuff once and

    > for
    > > > all?

    > > have you tried google?
    > > remove roxio software 383,000 results
    > > max

    > SNIP <

    > Is it necessary to tell someone to Google their query...?

    seems so.....
    google for "how to make a good post"
    max

    Maximus the mad, Jul 1, 2007