    Roxio told me that my only way to get an update was to pay twice as much as
    Americans and buy the full retail version.

    Good one Roxio!

    The Old Retiree, Nov 26, 2003

  2. The Old Retiree

    Ronald Cole Guest

    "The Old Retiree" <> writes:
    > I tried to download an update for Easy CD Creator, but was unable to do so.
    > I have been told by Roxio that an update is only available for residents
    > Canada and USA.
    >
    > Roxio told me that my only way to get an update was to pay twice as much as
    > Americans and buy the full retail version.
    >
    > Good one Roxio!

    More than likely, they have an exclusive distribution agreement with a
    business in your country... that's probably why they can't deal with
    you directly.

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

    Ronald Cole, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Possible, but this prohibition applies to every country in the world apart
    from Canada and USA.

    The Old Retiree, Nov 26, 2003
  4. The Old Retiree

    Mike Guest

    Roxio has always been crap, get Nero 6

    Mike, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Uhm, not always. From the time Adaptec bought EZ CD Creator from Corel Corporation up through version 3.5 it was excellent software.
    Adaptec "improved" it until, starting with version 4.0, it was unusable. Adaptec had screwed it up sooo badly that their brand name
    was suffering, so they spun off a separate company, Roxio, to deal with Ez CD Creator. Roxio demonstrated their incompetence by
    further "improving" the product to the point where it ceased to function altogether.

    So, let me take back my initial statement. Since the time Roxio has had the product, it has, indeed, always been crap. It was crap
    when they inherited it from Adaptec and they "improved" it into pure, unadulterated, crap.

    Yeah, you're right ... get Nero 5.5.10.50 or above.

    Colon Terminus, Nov 29, 2003