  1. Just upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro now everytime I boot up Easy CD Creator
    5 Plat.starts, & wants to burn a CD. It never did that with Me. How do I fix
    this?

    DeSoto Driver, Aug 8, 2003

  2. DeSoto Driver

    TCEBob Guest

    Bisto Besto wrote:
    > On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:03:45 GMT, "DeSoto Driver"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro now everytime I boot up Easy CD
    >> Creator 5 Plat.starts, & wants to burn a CD. It never did that with
    >> Me. How do I fix this?
    >>

    > Here's the thing...ever thought of looking at the Roxio web site???
    > Ever thought the answer may, just may be there???

    Well, the poor sod wandered into a site called "24hoursupport." Dear
    sod, neither Bisto nor I actually know the answer to your question.
    Surely someone else here does and will try to answer it. The suggestion,
    tho rudely put is a good one. Also try Google.

    rs

    TCEBob, Aug 8, 2003

  3. DeSoto Driver

    chino2 Guest

    Go to start/run .. type in: msconfig .. select the startup tab & check to
    see if it is listed .. if so .. uncheck it .. might work .. :) .. chino2 ..

    chino2, Aug 9, 2003
  4. DeSoto Driver

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Go to Roxio and download the updates and next time you upgrade to XP don't
    ignore the compatibility warning message that XP pops up before the install
    begins.

    --

    Coming soon Facial Recognition-SharpVision DVR's Visit http://www.seedsv.com
    Live Web Demo now at http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm Simply the best.

    pcbutts1, Aug 9, 2003
  5. Open the registry (regedit) Go to
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-Click on the folder "Run"
    and look for the value that shows Easy Cd- and delete it. Be sure to make a
    backup of this registry file before editing the registry.
    You can also Right click the task bar, go to properties, click advanced tab,
    then click remove, expand Startup and delete the Easy CD entry from the
    startup group.
    "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    > TCEBob wrote:
    > > Bisto Besto wrote:

    > >> Here's the thing...ever thought of looking at the Roxio web site???
    > >> Ever thought the answer may, just may be there???

    > > Well, the poor sod wandered into a site called "24hoursupport." Dear
    > > sod, neither Bisto nor I actually know the answer to your question.
    > > Surely someone else here does and will try to answer it. The
    > > suggestion, tho rudely put is a good one. Also try Google.
    > >
    > > rs

    > Well if you don't mind me piggy-backing, so to speak.
    >
    > My first thought at the question was that CD Creator should have been
    > uninstalled before the system upgrade (was upgraded, wasn't it, yes). This
    > is especial to CD-Creator (it's buggy).
    >
    > Had a look on Roxio's site and basically saw instruction to uninstall and
    > also a downloadable upgrade, said upgrade though depending on the exact
    > version the OP has (hello thiere OP, and everyone).
    >
    > Anyway my main point is that the program should have been uninstalled

    before

    Kilo The MagnifiKat, Aug 9, 2003
  6. What is the purpose of this forum! I may have misunderstood its purpose and
    would welcome a little clarification

    Kilo The MagnifiKat, Aug 9, 2003
  7. DeSoto Driver

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:06:25 -0400, TCEBob wrote:
    > Kilo The MagnifiKat wrote:
    >> What is the purpose of this forum! I may have misunderstood its
    >> purpose and would welcome a little clarification
    >> "Bisto Besto" <> wrote in message

    > It seems to be subjective. Many believe it to be a 24 hour support
    > helpdesk. Some believe it to be group therepy, where one can throw a
    > tantrum. And some believe it is a place to feel superior by ragging
    > innocent queriers. This is the dark side of human nature. It's an
    > un-moderated group and anyone, including the neighborhood psychopath,
    > can play.

    Please speak for yourself only- You have no insight into the 'beliefs'
    of others.

    --
    "I give up, you don't want to see that there is a difference between
    being in something and being in something that is attached to, a part

    Jimchip, Aug 9, 2003
  8. DeSoto Driver

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:32:13 -0500, Kilo The MagnifiKat wrote:
    > What is the purpose of this forum! I may have misunderstood its purpose and
    > would welcome a little clarification

    There is no 'purpose' that needs to be operational in order to carry on
    a discussion.

    Maybe it's best if you 1) lurk and learn and 2) take it one message at a
    time. If you think there's a purpose that you "may have misunderstood"
    then you misunderstood.

    Jimchip, Aug 9, 2003
  9. "Kilo The MagnifiKat" <> wrote in message
    > What is the purpose of this forum! I may have misunderstood its purpose

    and
    > would welcome a little clarification

    It seems that most people take this to be a newsgroup to ask for help on a
    variety of subjects.

    If your confusion stems from the fact that the OP's question wasn't answered
    directly, then perhaps you fail to realize that it is usually better to
    teach someone to find their own answers than to just give it outright.

    --
    Bring a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish, and he'll sit
    in a boat and drink beer all day.

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 9, 2003
  10. DeSoto Driver

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 02:58:04 -0400, TCEBob wrote:
    > Jimchip wrote:
    >>>
    >>> It seems to be subjective. Many believe it to be a 24 hour support
    >>> helpdesk. Some believe it to be group therepy, where one can throw a
    >>> tantrum. And some believe it is a place to feel superior by ragging
    >>> innocent queriers. This is the dark side of human nature. It's an
    >>> un-moderated group and anyone, including the neighborhood psychopath,
    >>> can play.

    >> Please speak for yourself only- You have no insight into the 'beliefs'
    >> of others.

    > I answered the question to the best of my ability. So did Boomer. I have
    > found that the greater percentage of responses are to the point. But
    > some are more interested in zinging the poster. That is an observation,
    > not an insight into beliefs. I don't like it much when it happens to me
    > and I don't suppose anyone else does either. I do, however, support the
    > idea of an unmoderated group and the open forum where anyone -- even the
    > NP can enter an opinion. I am speaking for myself.

    You're the one who wrote "Many believe it to be", "Some believe it to
    be", "And some believe it is".

    Jimchip, Aug 9, 2003
  11. DeSoto Driver

    Boomer Guest

    "TCEBob" <> wrote message ID

    > Jimchip wrote:
    >>>
    >>> It seems to be subjective. Many believe it to be a 24 hour
    >>> support helpdesk. Some believe it to be group therepy, where
    >>> one can throw a tantrum. And some believe it is a place to
    >>> feel superior by ragging innocent queriers. This is the dark
    >>> side of human nature. It's an un-moderated group and anyone,
    >>> including the neighborhood psychopath, can play.

    >> Please speak for yourself only- You have no insight into the
    >> 'beliefs' of others.

    > I answered the question to the best of my ability. So did
    > Boomer.

    Huh?

    I just said lurk.

    This group is about everything and nothing. ;-)

    Boomer, Aug 9, 2003
  12. DeSoto Driver

    Patrick Guest

    DeSoto Driver wrote:
    > Just upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro now everytime I boot up Easy CD
    > Creator 5 Plat.starts, & wants to burn a CD. It never did that with
    > Me. How do I fix this?

    Might I suggest "DeSoto Driver", that you try this problem in a 'more
    specific to XP' group,
    such as; "microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support"
    or "alt.os.windows-xp"

    Patrick, Aug 9, 2003
  13. DeSoto Driver

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:32:13 -0500, "Kilo The MagnifiKat"
    <> scribbled:

    >What is the purpose of this forum! I may have misunderstood its purpose and

    It's not a forum, it's a newsgroup.

    >would welcome a little clarification

    Get in the pot with the butter and boil.....

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 9, 2003
  14. DeSoto Driver

    Bisto Besto Guest

    On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:35:58 -0400, "TCEBob" <>
    wrote:

    >Bisto Besto wrote:
    >> On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:03:45 GMT, "DeSoto Driver"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro now everytime I boot up Easy CD
    >>> Creator 5 Plat.starts, & wants to burn a CD. It never did that with
    >>> Me. How do I fix this?
    >>>

    >> Here's the thing...ever thought of looking at the Roxio web site???
    >> Ever thought the answer may, just may be there???

    >Well, the poor sod wandered into a site called "24hoursupport." Dear
    >sod, neither Bisto nor I actually know the answer to your question.
    >Surely someone else here does and will try to answer it. The suggestion,
    >tho rudely put is a good one. Also try Google.
    >
    >rs

    Sorry to piss on your parade but I do know the answer. It's on the
    roxio website. I thought it would be the first place to look..I know
    I did when I had the same problem

    Bisto Besto, Aug 9, 2003
  15. -= Hawk =- <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:32:13 -0500, "Kilo The MagnifiKat"
    ><> scribbled:
    >
    >>What is the purpose of this forum! I may have misunderstood its purpose and

    >It's not a forum, it's a newsgroup.
    >
    >>would welcome a little clarification

    >Get in the pot with the butter and boil.....

    Ghee whizz...

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003