    problem?

    Thanks for any input.

    -Cog
    Cognito, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Cognito wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm asking this question for my nephew and I'm hoping someone can help. He
    > is using Roxio Media Creator and up until 2 weeks ago he was able to use the
    > disk-copy speed at 16X but now it will only write at 6-8X. Is this a drive
    > problem?
    >
    > Thanks for any input.
    >
    > -Cog

    Maybe, but it could be the discs themselves. What speed is printed on
    the box of discs?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Cognito

    Cognito Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Cognito wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm asking this question for my nephew and I'm hoping someone can help.
    >> He is using Roxio Media Creator and up until 2 weeks ago he was able to
    >> use the disk-copy speed at 16X but now it will only write at 6-8X. Is
    >> this a drive problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any input.

    > Maybe, but it could be the discs themselves. What speed is printed on the
    > box of discs?

    Thanks for the quick reply! I don't have the exact answer to what speed is
    printed on the box of discs but he did say they are the same discs that were
    working at 16X before this problem arised, so I'm guessing it's safe to
    assume the discs are compatible.
    Thanks again...
    Cognito, Apr 1, 2005