    3!!! And does nothing! Anyone know of this situation of know a BETTER way
    to record movie files on a CD for DVD player?

    Thanks!

    Justin, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Justin

    Justin Guest

    just to clear things up... its phase one of three is "creating image". I
    don't know what that means or if it's important at all.

    Justin, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Justin wrote:
    > Yesterday I needed to record a movie file on my computer to a CD so that I
    > can watch it on my DVD player. So I decided to buy via download on
    > store.roxio.com, to record the file on the CD *properly for a DVD player.
    > It cause nothing but problems to my computer. It added the stupid napster
    > program which I can't remove even after uninstall and uninstall.
    >
    > Anyways... my problem is... everytime I open up the DVD builder or Roxio, I
    > finish setting everything up, under SVCD settings, then press burn. It just
    > stops after 2 minutes or so... haven't even accomplish 50% of phase 1 of
    > 3!!! And does nothing! Anyone know of this situation of know a BETTER way
    > to record movie files on a CD for DVD player?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Yeah, give Nero Burning ROM a shot. They have a free 14 day trial and
    although I don't have version 6 of their software (I don't have a DVD
    burner), their CD buring software is excellent (and has been for years).

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Apr 18, 2004
  4. "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Yesterday I needed to record a movie file on my computer to a CD so that I
    > can watch it on my DVD player. So I decided to buy via download on
    > store.roxio.com, to record the file on the CD *properly for a DVD player.
    > It cause nothing but problems to my computer. It added the stupid napster
    > program which I can't remove even after uninstall and uninstall.
    >
    > Anyways... my problem is... everytime I open up the DVD builder or Roxio,

    > finish setting everything up, under SVCD settings, then press burn. It

    just
    > stops after 2 minutes or so... haven't even accomplish 50% of phase 1 of
    > 3!!! And does nothing! Anyone know of this situation of know a BETTER

    way
    > to record movie files on a CD for DVD player?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I concur with Nicholas, try Nero Burning ROM.

    Oh, and by the way, garbage it way too nice a term for the Roxio junkware.

    Colon Terminus, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Justin <> wrote:
    : Yesterday I needed to record a movie file on my computer to a CD so that I
    : can watch it on my DVD player. So I decided to buy via download on
    : store.roxio.com, to record the file on the CD *properly for a DVD player.
    : It cause nothing but problems to my computer. It added the stupid napster
    : program which I can't remove even after uninstall and uninstall.

    : Anyways... my problem is... everytime I open up the DVD builder or Roxio, I
    : finish setting everything up, under SVCD settings, then press burn. It just
    : stops after 2 minutes or so... haven't even accomplish 50% of phase 1 of
    : 3!!! And does nothing! Anyone know of this situation of know a BETTER way
    : to record movie files on a CD for DVD player?

    I use Ver 6 and it work great. (purchased retail, not downloaded)

    First, what type of "movie file" are you trying to burn? To make a VCD
    you need a specific type of 'movie file' If you don't have the proper
    type and settings the program tries to convert your file to the proper
    type and setting. Maybe it has a problem with the conversion (assuming
    your files needs converting) with that type of file.

    Richard in Boston, MA, USA

    Richard G Amirault, Apr 19, 2004
  6. Justin

    Justin Guest

    "Richard G Amirault" <> wrote in message
    > Justin <> wrote:
    > : Yesterday I needed to record a movie file on my computer to a CD so that

    > : can watch it on my DVD player. So I decided to buy via download on
    > : store.roxio.com, to record the file on the CD *properly for a DVD

    player.
    > : It cause nothing but problems to my computer. It added the stupid

    napster
    > : program which I can't remove even after uninstall and uninstall.
    >
    > : Anyways... my problem is... everytime I open up the DVD builder or

    Roxio, I
    > : finish setting everything up, under SVCD settings, then press burn. It

    just
    > : stops after 2 minutes or so... haven't even accomplish 50% of phase 1 of
    > : 3!!! And does nothing! Anyone know of this situation of know a BETTER

    way
    > : to record movie files on a CD for DVD player?
    >

    > I use Ver 6 and it work great. (purchased retail, not downloaded)
    >
    > First, what type of "movie file" are you trying to burn? To make a VCD
    > you need a specific type of 'movie file' If you don't have the proper
    > type and settings the program tries to convert your file to the proper
    > type and setting. Maybe it has a problem with the conversion (assuming
    > your files needs converting) with that type of file.
    >
    > Richard in Boston, MA, USA

    a mpg file into a SVCD. I have a regular 48 speed CD burner. The problem
    is... when I press "burn" after configur all the settings, the program is in
    its "creating image" phase, and takes forever. So I left my computer on for
    the night, next morning it's still at the same phase. Haven't made any
    progress.

    Justin, Apr 19, 2004
  7. Justin <> wrote:

    : a mpg file into a SVCD. I have a regular 48 speed CD burner. The problem
    : is... when I press "burn" after configur all the settings, the program is in
    : its "creating image" phase, and takes forever. So I left my computer on for
    : the night, next morning it's still at the same phase. Haven't made any
    : progress.

    Well, mpg is a 'start' .. but there are many types of mpg files .. and to
    make a VCD or SVCD a *specific* type of mpg file is needed. If you don't
    have that *specific* type then the program will need/try to convert what
    you have into what it needs. What are your mpg file settings, and how did
    you create these files?

    See: http://www.dvdhelp.com/svcd for the settings needed to make a SVCD.

    Richard in Boston, MA, USA

    Richard G Amirault, Apr 21, 2004
  8. Justin

    bunnyflo

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Removing Roxio completely

    Download CC Cleaner and use the settings below

    tab: Registry Integrity
    checkmark the following, (when asked to make a registry back up say yes)

    Missing Shared DLLs
    Unused File Extensions
    ActiveX and Class Issues
    Applications
    Application Paths
    Obsolete Software
    Run at Startup
    MUI Cache

    Scan for issues, then fix selected issues.

    Hope this helps~

    bunnyflo, Jul 7, 2010