    not allow me to uninstall the program. If use system restore to go back to
    where things were prior to installing Roxio 8 I still cannot boot into Win64.
    Is there any alternative other than reinstalling Win64?

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=, Nov 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Roxio 8 is marketed as compatible with Win64. However since installing
    > Roxio
    > 8 I am unable to boot into Win64. I can boot to Win64 safe mode which will
    > not allow me to uninstall the program. If use system restore to go back to
    > where things were prior to installing Roxio 8 I still cannot boot into
    > Win64.
    > Is there any alternative other than reinstalling Win64?

    Repair installation using the CD?

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 15, 2005

  3. Contact Roxio to get them to tell you what driver they installed and where
    they put it. That driver is getting called at a low enough level to cause
    the problems you're seeing. Then, when you know what it is (and you could
    probably figure it out yourself with a little investigative work), rename it
    to something innocuous, making sure to change the extension as well to
    something that Windows won't try to load. Now, boot up and run the
    uninstall.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 15, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    Ted Guest

    This program doesn't crash your computer, nor does it
    tweak your system files the way Windows is setup
    to burn CDs.
    It uses its own CD/DVD engine.
    http://www.backtec.com/writecds.htm

    Ted, Nov 16, 2005
  5. becareful if you uninstall roxio 8 you will lose your disk drives.

    =?Utf-8?B?dmFua29sdA==?=, Nov 18, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I personally did not have this problem. My suggestion is you check your
    system event viewer in system management. You will probably find some
    filters potentially causing your problem. You may have to edit your
    registry like I had to when I uninstalled Nero 6 INCD.

    John Barnes, Nov 18, 2005
  7. Would what you said were true. I have installed Roxio 8 on a fresh
    installation of Win64 with no other programs and not installing the packet
    writing program, I have installed Roxio 8 combined with other programs, I
    have installed Roxio 8 in various perturbations and each and every time I am
    unable to boot the computer into Win64 after installing Roxio 8. Surely even
    Roxio and Microsoft can see a pattern here. If you search these archives you
    will see other posts describing like problems with Roxio 8 and Win64, as well
    as other applications. Out of curiosity and masochism I have tried many
    combinations of programs that should work with WIn64 only to be forced to
    delete and reinstall the OS because of instability. There are serious
    instability and program incompatibilities with Win64, productivity, security
    and multimedia applications. Since there are only two sets of 64 bit video
    drivers (ATI and Nvidia) and two sets of chipset drivers (Nvidia and Intel) I
    think the problems are in the OS, Win64, itself. NRFPT: Not Ready For Prime
    Time.

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=, Nov 19, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    Ted Guest

    > Would what you said were true.

    You misread my post, I am referring to a different
    CD software, unlike Nero or Roxio, it doesn't Windows
    system to burn CDs, it has its own engine.
    Roxeo is not a bug on 64, it has been a bug from day 1.
    Nero, Symantec, Roxio, Magic Zip are number one bug software.

    Ted, Nov 19, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    Ted Guest

    These people have an article on how to remove Roxio
    manually, you nay have to do it in safemode:
    http://www.cd-burner-help.com/roxio-error-cdr4-cdralw2k.htm

    Ted, Nov 19, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    Ted Guest

    >Not Ready For Prime Time.

    Not only not ready, it is going to be very slow
    migrating from 32 to 64, because MS claimed that
    32 Bit software should be no problem running in 64,
    while the fact is most 32 bit software will run crippled
    in 64 bit.
    They promised a smooth transition, but that was not true.

    I remember when Win95 first came out, for the first
    six months we had hard time getting a decent motherboard,
    and there was no video card that could run flawlessly.
    Not until December, new motherboards started coming in,
    and Matrox came out with a great video card.
    For a whole year, there was no good software that could run
    in Win95, except DOS based.
    In-directly, they also promised a smooth transition from Win311
    to Win95, which was not true also.

    Ted, Nov 19, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    BackupMyPC and DVDInfo do not run on x64. I did not load drag to disc.
    works fine for me on x64 and Vista x64 dual boot laptop.

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:29:06 -0800, "Ted" <> wrote:

    >These people have an article on how to remove Roxio
    >manually, you nay have to do it in safemode:
    >http://www.cd-burner-help.com/roxio-error-cdr4-cdralw2k.htm
    >

    >"Ted" <> wrote in message
    >> This program doesn't crash your computer, nor does it
    >> tweak your system files the way Windows is setup
    >> to burn CDs.
    >> It uses its own CD/DVD engine.
    >> http://www.backtec.com/writecds.htm
    >>

    >> "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    >>> Roxio 8 is marketed as compatible with Win64. However since installing
    >>> Roxio
    >>> 8 I am unable to boot into Win64. I can boot to Win64 safe mode which
    >>> will
    >>> not allow me to uninstall the program. If use system restore to go back
    >>> where things were prior to installing Roxio 8 I still cannot boot into
    >>> Win64.
    >>> Is there any alternative other than reinstalling Win64?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman, Nov 19, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    My guess is you don't have any other Microsoft desktop applications, like
    Encarta, Picture It, etc.

    John Barnes, Nov 19, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Office$ 2003.. Streets and Trips...

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:33:44 -0800, "John Barnes" <>
    wrote:

    >My guess is you don't have any other Microsoft desktop applications, like
    >Encarta, Picture It, etc.
    >

    >"Barb Bowman" <> wrote in message
    >> BackupMyPC and DVDInfo do not run on x64. I did not load drag to disc.
    >> works fine for me on x64 and Vista x64 dual boot laptop.
    >>
    >> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:29:06 -0800, "Ted" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>These people have an article on how to remove Roxio
    >>>manually, you nay have to do it in safemode:
    >>>http://www.cd-burner-help.com/roxio-error-cdr4-cdralw2k.htm
    >>>

    >>>"Ted" <> wrote in message

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS Windows-MVP
    >> Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman, Nov 19, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?Ym1vYWc=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    The 3 I had conflicts with were Encarta, Works and Picture It. When doing
    other functions, like trying to send a message in OE the Windows Installer
    popped up for one of the 3 (think in this case it was Encarta), asked for
    the installer disk, which I supplied, however, after clicking OK or whatever
    it was, the panel just froze. Could do other functions, just not the
    installer. Had to cancel it on a reboot.
    I don't remember the unrelated functions that caused the other Windows
    Installer panels to appear, but the same thing happened.
    I also had other events, like the popup panel that announces Avast has
    updated was twice the size.
    All problems went away on uninstall.
    Incidentally Word XP caused one of the Installer problems when I tried to
    change an option under tools. Don't remember which one.

    >>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

    John Barnes, Nov 19, 2005